Chapter 59

Annabeth's POV

I couldn't move.

I couldn't breathe.

I wondered if my heart would stop beating like him. I faintly heard Apollo campers next to us, yelling. I knew that the warmth in his body would soon be gone.

And I never told him I loved him.

"No..." I breathed.
This wasn't right. We were supposed to live a long happy life.

Us together.

"No."

I sank to the ground. He had died right in front of me. This couldn't of happened. People bustled around him, and I heard a zapping sound.

Electricty.

Yes! He could live again. Who was he. He was the Commander of the Chaos army. He was Omega.

"Please, please, please." I pleaded to the sky, holding his hand. I wished for the blood to flow- his heart to beat like it did before.

"Please." I sobbed. "I'm sorry."
"Stand back!"
I dropped his hand, and his body jerked once as the electricty flowed through him. He was still.

No.

You couldn't leave me here like everyone did.

You can't do this to me.

His body jerked once more. He was as still as death.

It's unfair.

It was the last, and the crowd around us started whispering. I rested my head on his chest, but it was shockingly silent. I sobbed, knowing that the blood flowing out of his wounds would run cold and stale, and all that would be left was a cold body, and he would go and join Percy.

"You can't do this to me." I said between sobs. "You can't leave me."

Thump.

Was it real?

A beating sound, like a drum echoed from a deep part from his body. I could feel his warm, soft and worn out hand stroke my hair.

"Don't worry." he whispered, so only I could hear. "I won't."

~

"I agree with Victor."

"Frank, I know that we need as much help we need, but Omega needs a break. We can't have him fighting in this state." Jason said.
"He will heal." Ethan said.
"What do you think Annabeth?"
I stared at Victor who had just asked me the question. Everyone stared at me, waiting for me to make my choice. I took a deep breath.

"He should go back. It's only for a while, and he should be free from Tartarus for a while. I- we don't want him getting any more hurt. His life has been stressful enough."

"But you're here."

my cheeks turned red. "B- but we're not even-"
"Say that after crying like Misery when he nearly died."
"Thats why Annabeth has another choice. She can come with us."
I looked at Victor in suprise. "Really?"
He nodded.
"I'll go." I said quickly.
A few councilers muttered and nodded their heads.
"Raise your hand if you oppose."
Nobody did, and l let out a long breath.
"We'll leave tommorrow morning."
The councilers filed out, and Piper nudged me when she saw Brandon waiting for me. He smiled when he saw me.
"Come on. I want to talk to you."