Chapter 54

Annabeth's POV

Everything was fuzzy.

Even Tartarus's voice, and the lashes of the whip were cloudy. The whip left small cuts, but nothing more. I felt alarmed as the lashes got more harder. I had just gone to sleep. Why was this happening? I wanted to wake up. Away fron Tartarus. I struggled to wake up, and one clear knife flew past my head, leaving a cut. My hand shot up to the side of my head as blood poured out of it. Suddenly, Tartarus's face became clear. I screamed as he got closer, and felt ashamed of myself. I tried to think of it as a horror movie.

But it could hurt me.

A hard slap made me freeze. I wanted to turtle in my shirt, but that would make it worse.

Wake up.

Wake up.

Wake up.

WAKE UP!

~

My whole body throbbed.

My hair was matted with blood, while blood was still flowing. It was dawn, so nobody was awake. Should I wake Malcom? No. I looked around. Will? Piper?

Come to me.

I stood up, and stumbled to my jacket. I felt dizzy. Maybe it was because of the cut. I ran as fast as I could to the beach, to his cabin. I knocked on the door, but there was no reply. My head dropped. Of course. He would be sleeping. Maybe he was at the infirmary. Maybe I should wake Will or Malcom. Or Piper. When I was about to turn around, the door creaked open. Omega stared at me for a split second. His arms wrapped around me, and I started to cry. It was just so scary. He stroked my hair, and it was somewhat comforting. The smell of the sea.
"Come in."
His arm was still wrapped around me as I stepped in. He let me sit on the bed, and I wiped my tears as he went to the bathroom. He came out with a canteen of nectar. He poured the nectar on the cut carefully, and it started to close. He gave me a towel and I wiped off the excess nectar. I felt numb after crying. He hugged me again, and I started to weep.
"I thought dreams couldn't hurt." I sniffed.
"I thought like that too." he said in a soft voice, stroking my hair. "Tartarus has power over those who passed his domain." he explained. "You'll be fine next to me."
I wiped my eyes and pulled away. "I don't know if I can sleep."
"Sleep here."
I stared at him. "But-"
"It's fine. I'll wake you up before the Athena cabin wakes up."
I reculently crawled into his bed. It was warm. His blankets also smelled of him. I tucked up my knees, and I felt him lie down beside me. He was warm. I closed my eyes, and the face of Tartarus suddenly appeared, making me open my eyes, suprised. Omega put an arm around me, and I buried into his chest. I felt safe in his arms. I imagined, drowzy.

This is Percy.

And I almost believed it.

~

I woke up the next morning when the sun was rising.

Omega's eyes looked like they were glowing. His smile told me everything was okay. It was nearly 6. I had to go now. Malcom woke up early.
"Good morning." he said softly.
I streched, sitting up. "I have to go."
He sat up too, and stood up. "You can come whenever you want to. But I'll be in the infirmary." I nodded and stood up, opening the door. I looked back, not knowing what to say.

"Thank you." I decided.

He smiled wearily. "Thank you."
I returned his smile and stepped out. The cool morning sea breeze swept my hair around. I could feel it getting warmer. We needed to go to the beach. With Omega this summer.

I smiled as I walked down the beach, my heart warm from his eyes and smile.

~

Omega's POV