Chapter 24

Omega's POV

Cold.
I was so cold.
I shivered. The air was warm.
But why was I so cold?
I felt it again. The balloon. The string. Dangling dangerously. The pressure on me must of finally gotten to me. I smiled in my mind.
This.

But I knew I wasn't dying.

I was somewhere between the line, and a Omega-proof wall between me and death.
Wonderful. I thought. I can't die.
I felt around the wall to find a hole. I ran my fingers across the wall, floating slightly above my imaginary ground.
I sighed and closed my eyes and tried to grab the balloon string again.
As I tried, I became colder. A throbbing pain in my abdomen formed. I stopped trying and went back to the wall.
Perseus.
My head whipped around.
Tartarus.
Kelp head.
Percy.
Punk.
Kelp head.
Percy, my boy-

Voices in my head.

Seaweed brain.

Annabeth.

Seaweed brain.

I tugged the balloon back in a sharp tug, and my pain came back to me. I slowly sat up. I had a splitting headache, and the two scars on my shoulder throbbed. It felt like it was swollen. I winced as a sharp pain in my abdomen reminded me of what I had been through this day.
"Are you okay?"
"Just cold. The room is warm."
Jason nodded and handed me a cup of warm water. "Can you stand up?"
I sipped the water and swung my legs off the bed, only to have my legs buckle underneath me. Jason caught me before I could fall to the ground. I sat down on the bed.
"Thanks."
Jason shrugged. "I guess you have to stay."
I buried my head in my hands. The world kept spinning.
"Can you help me?"
He nodded.
I used him to stand up, and used him for support when I was standing. I closed my eyes once tight and took a deep breath. I let go of his shoulder and wobbled dangerously, but stood. I opened my eyes, only to have the world flip. I doubled over.
"Whoah." Jason pushed me back lightly to the bed. "Maybe you should leave tommorow. You can stay."
I sighed and closed my eyes again.
"I..." I shook my head. "I really should go to the infirmary now." I stood up with more effort this time, but I stood. I limped towards the door.
"Omega." Jason grabbed me. "Look. You can't even stand straight. I'm fine- I don't mind you staying here. Besides, you need someone to look after you. You're obviously not okay."
I gritted my teeth. "I don't need your help."
"Admit it. You can't go to the infirmary even if I help you."
"I need to. I need to find Annabeth." I looked at Jason. "Did Victor come? He contacted Chaos, right? Did he say anything?" I grabbed his hands. "It's my fault she's gone- she was right in front of me!" I ranted. "If I can just find the portal-" I repeated. "I can find her! I can get to her. I just need to go back, find the portal. I can open it!" I ran out of the cabin, with Jason chasing me. I went to the beach, where she dissapeared. The splinters in the sand got in my feet, and my feet dug into the sand. I could feel it. The portal.
"Tartarus."
I looked at Poseidon. "Portal." I said, unfolding my wings. I flew up into the air, trying to get closer to Tartarus's presence.
I could feel it.
The world kept spinning, and the pain in my abdomen was so strong I nearly passed out.
I found it.
I felt around the air and felt it harden underneath my hands.

I found it.

I tried to fly in, but my wings didn't seem to move. I fell to the soft sand, and coughed out the sand. Posiedon came over. "What is that?" he asked in wonder.
"Portal. Tartarus took Annabeth there." I jumped towards the portal, but Jason caught me before I could.
"She's there! All we need to do is step into there- and she'll be okay. Let me go." I pleaded.
"It's no use."
Victor glared at me.
"They moved her to their garrison in Pittsburgh."
"Pennsylvania?"
Victor nodded. "It's no use going in there. Unless you want to die."
I stood there for a second.
"I'm going."
"Right now?!"
"Of course!"
"You're obviously not in the state to." Posiedon intervened calmly.
"It doesn't matter! We don't know when she's going to get killed!"
"Calm down." Jason said. "I'll go. Maybe Piper will. Lets bring Luke along too."
"I'm going." Victor said crossly.
I took a deep breath. All my energy drained out of me, leaving me tired and sore.
"I don't have anything to pack."
"I'll pack for you." Victor said. "Just stay here. Jason and I will get the others."
They left the beach, leaving me with Poseidon.
"I heard. About Annabeth."
I didn't say anything.
"Relax. Sit down here." he said, sitting in the sand. "Wanted to talk to you."
I sat down in the sand, letting the water roll over my feet.
"Don't get stressed about it. You'll find her."
he looked over at me. "Don't cry."
"It's the same thing again." I sobbed. "Andrew, Kayla, and-" I nearly added Annabeth. "All the people I couldn't save. I can't- I can't let this happen again..." I cried. "I want to atleast keep one safe. Atleast keep Annabeth safe. But Tartarus is here again- and he took her. He knows-"
I bit back my tears. "He knows what to do. And I don't."
Posiedon sighed. "Relax. It will turn out all right. I know- you're worried. But the fates can't take anything more from you. Your fate is twisted enough. The fates aren't evil."
"They are." I said blankly.
Poseidon stared at me. "I guess you can think like that. Are you okay though?"
I rubbed my arms unconciously. "Just... Cold."
"You should take a break. You need it."
"I can't." I said miserably. "You know."
He smiled. "You think so."
I layed down on the beach. "I take that back. I'm resting now."
"For five minutes."
I sighed as the water soaked my clothes and bandages underneath. I could feel the pain lessen.
"Atleast I have five minutes."
Poseidon stood up. "I need to go now."
"Didn't you say you wanted to talk to me?"
"It's fine." he walked into the sea.
"Don't get killed." he kept on walking till his head submerged in the water and dissapeared. I closed my eyes. The sun was too bright. I just layed there for a bit till I heard footsteps.
Zoe.