Chapter 13

Omega's POV

I couldn't lie to her.

I almost wanted to say the truth. Who I was.

But I knew she would be dead if I did.

Atleast hurt.

I went ahead of my three companions, not in such a good mood anymore. It felt nice to be outside, but I was tired from summoning Annabeth's bag and walking for such a long time. It was getting dark. I felt nervous in the dark, because I couldn't see anything. It was cold for a spring night. I hoped it would get warmer soon. I looked at the sun, which hid its last rays that lit up the road faintly.

"I think we should stop for the night." I said, stopping.

"Where do we sleep?" Renya asked.

I went into the woods, and they followed me. The air was better here than the dusty road that we walked all day. We found a small clearing and I cleared teh center for a small fire. The fire burned up, and we sat around the fire, melting or hands and feet.

"We only have two sleeping bags." Nico said bleakly.

"I don't need one." I said.

The three looked at each other.

"I don't need one either." Annabeth said.

Renya shook her head. "No, you should use the sleeping bag. It's cold."

"You two use the sleeping bags." Nico said.

"No." Annabeth said. "I'm not using it."

She was stubborn. I knew it. She would never go into the sleeping bag. And they both knew it too. Renya sighed.

"Next time, if we sleep out side, use it." she said.

Annabeth nodded.

Nobody was really hungry. We took out the two sleeping bags and rolled them out. Renya gave me back my coat. Annabeth and I had one blanket each. The two layed down, and went to sleep nearly immiedently. I wrapped the one blanket around myself and tried to sleep, but was haunted at the thoughts of nightmares. I wasn't sure I could keep myself from waking up.

I sighed and closed my eyes.

I could try.

Annabeth's POV

I almost wanted to bury a hole into the ground.

The cold wind blew into my bones, straight through my clothes and blankets.

I shivered and stared at Nico and Renya, who was sleeping peacefully. I wrapped the blankets closer and scooted toward the fire.

"Cold?"

I flinched at Omega's voice.

"Yes." I tried to keep my teeth from chattering. "It's cold for a spring night."

He unwrapped his blanket and gave it to me. "Here."

I stared at it. "Aren't you cold?"

"No, I have thick clothes."

The blanket was tempting. And he did have thick clothes. I took it from him and wrapped it around myself.

It was warm. And it smelled clean. And slightly like the sea. I sniffed. The wind still blew through, chilling my bones, but it was better than having one blanket.

I heard a flapping sound behind me.

Omega had scooted closer and he had unfolded his wings. It blocked out the winds. It was much warmer now. The cold wind slapped against my face, but my back wasn't so cold.