Chapter 70

Hi! I miss you guys! Sorry for the long wait but to compensate for it I am giving you a 16.1k words long chapter! This is the longest. Enjoy!

Do long chapters bore you? Genuinely asking for the future.

_______________

Dangling hands from the jingling thick chains move aggressively as the male caged to it tirelessly attempts to somehow open the lock in the center of his wrist.

Samin stops, breathless as he closes his eyes and made his body boneless when he heard the basement door opening and a harsh bright light radiating the dark basement which only had one bulb dropping from the ceiling.

When a new set of guards came Samin cursed under his breath as he realized it's been two days already.

Two days from when AeChan declared Jeon's lover's murder plan and told her guards to start working on it.

How did he know it's been two days? Because every morning and every night the guards changed for their day and night shifts.

Samin observes this for being in this cellar for four to five days, running gears in his mind for a backup plan.

He had already started working on it but the process is so slow and he has a limited time.

Jeon's lover was never discussed in their plan, not even once and this unpredictable revelation had samin panicking from inside as he has to somehow alert his team about this unexpected change to turns so they can immediately take action to it.

As a spy, he has always thought about things beforehand so as the situation right now, he has to execute plan B which he planned at the spot.

The problem is—it is harder than he expected it yet he won't give up no matter what because there's nothing he can't do and is not prepared already for.

After all, he has to continue his reputation as Jeon's favorite spy, how can he disappoint his leader?

Samin closes his eyes as the new pair of guards took place of the night shift guards, he hang limply from the chains and heard the quiet steps and breathings of the guards.

He doesn't know how long it is but the close fits of his starts to get clammy because of the thing inside, he tightens his numb arm for being in one position for days, even hurting to move but he's been moving it to, sort of exercises it to keep his blood rushing and not make it temporarily paralyzed.

This will be a hassle if that to happen, he had to have a fully functioning body to work on his plan.

Just like that, another day went by, and when the guards walked away from the basement that's where Sam perked up immediately and get back to his work.

He opens his fist and there reveals a sharp thick blade, glistening in the golden light bulb above his head. The thing which can tear anything of how sharp it is. The thing that was hidden in his bush of hair was protected by the lid for days and now it was time to use it.

As a spy, he was prepared to escape these situations so in different body parts, he has different small weapons hidden protectively to use when needed.

He looks up and starts to cut the same area which was thinner than other thick parts because it was attached to the lock so it will cut if he does hard scrapping on it or might as well lose it enough to free his hand.

He was trained for months for these situations so he knows how to do it skillfully.

He's been doing it for the past two days. It's not even been half-cut and the time is short because the period between switching guard is a maximum of five minutes and in five minutes plus his weak state he could only go this faster.