48

Hyunjae finished researching. It seemed that she did still have connections into all the underground stuff. Not that she meant to keep it but whether she wanted to admit it or not they were still her friends. Well at least she considered them friends, who knew if they thought of her the same way since she left without a word. But it's not like she planned it that way, it just happened. After digging through various social media posts and a lot of comments she had found enough info to find the next meet. Now her next step was to actually find the courage to go back there, but why was she scared? Worst case scenario they just wouldn't remember her. Right?

She locked her phone and set in on her desk a few inches away. She'd figure out what to do in time. The knock on her door took her out of her thoughts.

"Jae there's food," Irene called, "Come eat with us."

She stood up with a smile grabbing a random jacket, she was sure this wasn't hers. It was a denim jacket with a small fur trip on the collar, it had tons of graffiti writing and drawings. It was probably Yuta's considering it was a bit too big for her, but it was warm and it was starting to get colder so she was gonna use it. "Coming!"

She walked into their kitchen to see all of their friends gathered once more.

"Taeyong cooked today! It's a win for us," Johnny cheered as Hyunjae laughed approaching the table, "what's on the menu?"

"Don't be too excited," Taeyong said, "It's just ham sandwiches."

Hyunjae smiled, "I'll take what I can get. Wait oh my god you're hair."

She blinked to make sure she wasn't hallucinating. Taeyong's hair was freaking green. Full on dark green!

"Oh yeah I had a spur of the moment type thing while I was drunk last night," He laughed, "Jaehyun helped me not bad huh."

Hyunjae stared at his hair in awe. Jaehyun must be a professional because he did better than all the times she helped him dye his hair.

"Amazing," She and Yeri said in unison.

"Ok can I please eat now?" Kunhang asked from the other side with a pout.

He had skipped breakfast because Taeyong said he'd make food for them. Taeyong made the best food out of all of them so he was looking forward to eating.

"Oh yeah dig in," He chuckled taking the Saran Wrap off the two platters of food.

Taeyong was meticulous when it came to preparing food and despite his 'mean' aura, he always added cute touches to the food. Today he put little heart picks on the sandwiches to keep them from falling apart. They all immediately reached for the sandwiches like a pack of hungry animals. Could you blame them? Taeyong's food was out of this world.

"Thank you yong!" Hyunjae grinned as she finished her first sandwich.

It's amazing how he could make a ham sandwich taste like a five star meal.

"I need to know what the sauce is," Irene spoke grabbing a napkin.

"It's a secret," Taeyong smiled proud of himself.

"Lameeee," Yeri chuckled sticking her tongue out at him.

To their surprise there was a knock on the door. They all locked eyes with one another since they weren't expecting anyone. However Taeyong's eyes widened. He knew he forgot something and it wasn't for the food.

"Shit I'm sorry I forgot to mention. Jaehyun's joining us if that's okay."

They all looked at each other it was a bit late to agree or disagree but they didn't mind. Kunhang looked over at Hyunjae who just shrugged. Irene and Yeri doing the same as Johnny answered for the group.