02

Hyunjae's alarm rang causing her to groan loudly. She sat up to shut it off before falling flat onto her bed again.

"Hyunjae! Get up we have to drop you off!" Her mother yelled.

She groaned even louder this time. She doesn't know why she even bothered sometimes. She got into the shower and dressed in her usual attire before grabbing one of her suitcases to take downstairs.

As soon as she was at the last step her mom sighed.

"why can't you dress in a more colorful fashion?" She asked slightly annoyed.

"You see the little splatters of pink in the background? That's the most color you're gonna get mother dearest," She smiled innocently.

Her mother always criticized her about everything. It's not like she always wore black, at home she usually did, but when she was out and about was a different story.

"Why are you like this?" She rolled her eyes.

"I get it from somewhere," Hyunjae muttered under her breath.

"This attitude of yours has gotten annoying," Her mother shot back.

"Ok did I ask? You think your attitude doesn't annoy me? Constantly comparing me to my sister pisses me off. I'm not her and I never will be," Hyunjae snapped annoyed. "You know what. You don't have to take me to my dorm. I'll go by myself."

"Don't start. I'm taking you to make sure that you're actually going," She replied, "I'll be in the car."

Hyunjae rolled her eyes thanking whatever being was above that the rest of her suitcases were already in the car. She dragged her final suitcase along and opened the trunk to throw it in. She shut the trunk and sat in the back instead of the passenger's seat. It's better than hearing her mother nag every ten seconds. Her mother drove off muttering every now and then about traffic and such.

Jae Jae
Johnnnnnnnnnyyyyyy

Johnny Johnny
What's up

Jae Jae
Are you at school already??

Johnny Johnny
Yeah I just moved into my dorm
Tae and I have yet to meet our other roommate
Why?

Jae Jae
Wanna help your amazing best friend move her shit into her dorm :)

Johnny Johnny
I don't have a choice do I?

Jae jae
No sir
Plus if my mom sees you
she'll get angry at me 🤩🤩
And continue to think we're dating
which'll piss her off even more
making me very happy

Johnny Johnny
Wait she still thinks we're dating??
Your mom is something else 💀💀
I'm dead but yeah I'll go
Lemme know when you get here

Jae Jae 
Sounds good
Thanks I owe you one :')

"Did you even hear what I said?" Her mother asked annoyed.

"No?" Hyunjae sighed putting her phone in her pocket. "If it's about how you wish I was with dad then I hope you know that I wished i was with him instead of being here with you."

"Oh please," She rolled her eyes, "It's about your status more importantly my status. Do you think people aren't gonna know who you are when you tell them who I am or who your sister is? Even the name would give it away."

The topic she hated the most had to be her mom's status.

"First off all, I'm not telling anyone anything about my family. Second, you act like we're the only people with our last name which news flash, we're not. Can you just be happy that we don't have to see each other for a long time if not ever?" She asked rolling her eyes.