49

Hyunjae got ready to go meet with Hyunjin for the first time since the meeting with their mother. It had been a while since the two reconnected, they've both been busy hence why they hadn't had time to meet. Hyunjin said that he had a small trip planned, a weekend trip. She headed to their meet-up spot and looked around for a black head of hair, but there were obviously too many people with black hair for her to easily find him. This was a random spot that Hyunjin chose, it was near the train station, would they be using the train? How far was it? Is that why he made her bring a backpack with another change of clothes? Well, he did say it would be a weekend trip, so it did make sense. Though she assumed they would be staying close in Seoul, maybe they were going far.

"Earth to Hyunjae."

She looked up at the blonde-haired boy in front of her. Now when did Hyunjin dye his hair?

"Not you going blonde," Hyunjae chuckled giving him a hug.

"Not you getting bangs," He replied hugging her back, "I missed you!"

"I missed you too! I feel like it's been years," She admitted, "I can't believe you're gonna leave for like two months!"

"Come on! It'll be over before you know it! Are you hungry?" He asked letting go of her.

He had a point, she was sure those two months would fly by. Traveling was something he really wanted to do, she was happy for him.

"I'm always hungry,"  She laughed, "Got a place in mind?"

"Yes! Follow me," He said leading the way towards the train station, "We're gonna have a quick snack before the main event. Though it might be a while but it's gonna be worth it!"

She nodded, "Yeah, I'm intrigued to see what you have planned."

"It's a two-hour ride on the train," He gleamed.

"So no subway? I have a good idea on where you might be taking me," She laughed guessing just by the amount of time it would take to get there

"Shhh don't say anything," He replied with a laugh, he knew that she most likely knew their destination, "Our train isn't leaving for another thirty minutes so how does a rice bowl sound?"

She gave him a thumbs-up as they entered one of the various food stalls in the station. Rice bowls are an easy go-to dish and they were delicious especially with chicken though Hyunjin preferred salmon on his. He ordered for the both of them and even paid, Hyunjae tried to fight him on this so she could pay, but he said the whole trip was his treat.

"I'm serious just treat me when I come back okay?" He asked setting their bowls down on the table.

She narrowed her eyes at him but agreed, "Fine only cause I don't wanna fight before you leave."

"We have two whole days loser, there's plenty of time for good ole sibling rivalry," He said matter-o-factly.

She agreed as she dug into her food. If there was one thing that the twins had in common it was their love for food. When they were younger their dad joked that they were basically vacuum cleaners because of how fast they ate and they left the plate spotless after they finished. Some things don't change and that was one of them.

"I'm the superior sibling because I finished first," Hyunjin gleamed as he took a sip of his water.

"Psh that doesn't mean anything. Plus you had a head start," She pointed out to him.

Like most siblings, neither would admit defeat. It's always been like this but it's usually like this. A little sibling rivalry never hurt anyone, especially not them.