59

"Nice goal Nakamoto!" One of the coaches yelled from the sidelines as Yuta made the final goal as time ended.

"Good job dude," Mark cheered going up to him, even though he was playing on the opposing team.

"Thanks you gave me a run for my money though," He admitted with a laugh catching her breath.

"You've been killer lately. Did you get a confidence boost or something?" Mark asked handing him a water bottle.

Yuta laughed taking the bottle, "Yeah something like that. You're getting the hang of everything well."

Mark had been playing really well and putting his all into their scrimmages despite being scared of getting hurt again.

"It's cause he got a pep talk from his girlfriend," Jungwoo teased in a high pitched voice joining in the conversation.

Yuta rolled his eyes at his energetic friend. Maybe he shouldn't have told jungwoo about it.

"Dude you have a girlfriend and didn't tell me?" Mark asked feeling betrayed.

"I met you like three days ago Mark. Plus you never asked," Yuta chuckled patting his back.

"Right. Good point," he agreed with a laugh.

"Ten minute break before the next exercise," The coach announced before blowing his whistle.

They headed over to the bleachers to sit down, drink some water, and check their phones before the next drill. Yuta was feeling a lot more confident despite it only being a few days. Every time they practiced or ran drills he felt cool, calm, and collected. When he played soccer he was in his element and he loved every second of it. This was definitely what he loved.

He unlocked his phone raising a brow as there were no new messages for him. He had texted Hyunjae this morning but there was still no reply from her. Granted it had only been a few hours but that was a lot for her considering the latest she would respond if an hour at most.

He scrolled through his feed paying no mind to the posts until Mark appeared. Mark asked Yuta to follow him on Instagram right after they first started talking and of course, Yuta agreed since he had taken a liking to mark. He could definitely continue being friends with him once this is all over.

After following and sharing numbers with both Yuta and jungwoo mark felt satisfied. He didn't have too many friendships so it was always nice to add more.

Yuta continued scrolling when he got a text from Aeri. Now that was odd, not the text he was expecting at all.

Aeri???
Hey you might wanna check this out
In case your girl hasnt talked to you all day
There's a reason why
[Link]

Yuta opened the link, his eyes widening immediately at the headline. Fuck. Of course, this would happen. He knew it was gonna happen but it felt so soon.

Court confirms that Hwang Yeojin and her father will be pressing charges against the editors involved in the filming of the survival show SIXTEEN for 'evil editing'. and defamation of character.

Jae's bae
Shit
Ok thanks for letting me know

Yuta was ready to stand up and go call her but the coach blew his whistle signaling they were getting back to practice. Great timing. He sighed he really wanted to call her right away but he didn't really have a choice right now. He just hoped she was okay.

————-
"And that's the last of it," Kunhang smiled setting down one final suitcase that contained Hyunjae's stuff.

She was moving into her dad's place for a while. Now that the articles came out Kunhang and her dad were the ones who had to go get all her stuff from Aeri's place since she still should stay away from the public eye.