54

A/n quick update I know Lucas was a part of this story but I figured I'd just change his part (since it's not a big part anyway) to Xiaojun :D since he did awkward brothers with Yuta ha ha

Nervous was an understatement for Hyunjae. Taking Yuta to an illegal race was one thing but having him interact with her old friends was another thing and she wasn't sure which was worse. They were both intimidating and made her super nervous just thinking at about them. It's not that their opinions really mattered to her but it was more like they would try to influence Yuta if they got the chance. Not that she would let it happen of course. She'd be taking plenty of precautions.

"Again are you sure this is a good idea?" Kunhang asked as he attempted to fix his gaming setup.

Hyunjae was laying on the bed in his room just staring up at the ceiling thinking about later today.

"Honestly, I don't know," She admitted, "I mean what's the worst that could happen? I'm sure we've all grown and matured since then right?"

Kunhang snorted, "Oh yeah definitely. You don't think they'll still hold a grudge because you left without saying bye?"

She pouted. He wasn't fully wrong but it's not like she did it on purpose. It kind of just happened. They didn't all end on bad terms, but she couldn't say they ended on good terms either. Neutral was the best way to describe it.

"I mean I did say I was gonna leave I just didn't say when," She added, "Plus it all happened so fast it's not like I planned it."

"What about him?" He asked as he adjusted his second monitor.

"You should be asking what about them. They're basically a clique. I don't know dude," she groaned, "I wish everyone would forgive and forget but I don't think it'll be like that."

She hated the fact that despite everyone making mistakes it felt like she would never live her own down. The more she tells people that she's changed the more they don't believe her.

Kunhang plopped down on to his gaming chair and spun around to face her, "Look I'm not saying don't go, but I'm saying be careful. Things can get pretty ugly in that scene and you know it. If they start to get a little rowdy or start messing with you just leave."

She raised her hand up and gave him a thumbs up, "Don't worry I will. Don't want things to get ugly especially with Yuta around."

"It still hasn't dawned on me that you guys are actually dating. It's crazy," he chuckled.

"Honestly same. To me it feels like I'm just spending time with a close friend," She admitted, "But like not in a bad way."

Hyunjae really liked her relationship with Yuta. The fact that they could spend days with each other and not get bored or annoyed of one another was something that really surprised her. Of course they weren't together 24/7 but when they were together it was always fun.

"Yeah friends who make out," Kunhang laughed watching Hyunjae's cheeks turn red.

She rolled her eyes giving him the finger, "Anyway-"

"Wait did you get your ear pierced?" He asked pausing as he noticed the new piercing adorned on her ear.

"Huh? Oh! Yeah I did, kinda forgot I did that. I thought it was a fever dream," She admitted with a laugh touching her ear lightly.

It still felt weird that she managed to get another piercing.

"How? I thought you were scared of needles?" He said in amazement.

"Oh I'm absolutely still scared of them," she replied with a laugh, "I just made a spontaneous decisions with Yuta I guess."

"Mhm," he said understanding the situation now, "Gotcha. You wanted to be brave in front of your boyfriend."