61

Content / trigger warning; talk and mention of physical and emotional abuse.

Yuta woke up to the sound of nothing, which was oddly peaceful. The last few weeks at the soccer camp he was either woken up by his loud alarm or the other posters running around waking everyone up. This was a nice change. It was an even better change when he felt Hyunjae sleeping on his chest. One of her arms was draped across his stomach while his arm wrapped around her waist just like last night. Nice.

He ran a hand through her hair listening to her breathing. It was so relaxing and he found himself wanting to wake up like this daily. She looked so peaceful he didn't want to wake her, so he let her sleep some more. He reached for his phone to check for any notifications. All he got was a thumbs up response from Sicheng after he texted him that he wouldn't be home that night. Though if they were being honest Sicheng already knew he wouldn't be coming home that night. Bestie intuition.

As he put his phone back as Hyunjae snuggled up closer to him. He rubbed her back hoping he didn't wake her. It was still relatively early which surprised him since they stayed up pretty late last night. His brain was probably so used to waking up early for practice still.

"What time is it?" She mumbled not moving an inch to keep the warmth and closeness.

"It's like 8 am," he chuckled, "It's early we can sleep some more."

"I don't know. Once I wake up it's hard to go back to sleep," she admitted with a laugh.

"Did I wake you?" He asked sadly.

She shook her head, "Nah I've been waking up early to meet with lawyers so my sleep schedule is all wonky. Other times I sleep almost the whole day."

"I think I'm gonna sleep for a whole day once I'm back in my apartment," he chuckled.

He couldn't wait to not have to wake up at 7 am to go for a jog. Hopefully soon he'd be able to wake up in the afternoon with Hyunjae by his side. Yeah that sounds nice.

"You definitely deserve it," She agreed with him.

"When does your dad come back?" He asked holding her hand entwining their fingers together.

"Tomorrow morning. Why? Are you trying to stay another night?" She teased with a sly smile.

"Sounds like you want me to stay, but I'm asking cause I don't think he'd like the idea of meeting me like this. You know in your bed and what not," He admitted causing her to laugh lightly at his concern.

Yuta wanted to meet Hyunjae's dad but only in the best circumstances. The last thing he wanted was to meet him here especially because he isn't supposed to be here in the first place.

"I get it don't worry," She smiled giving his hand a squeeze, "I'm gonna go freshen up."

She let go of his hand and sat up with a groan, she already missed the warmth radiating off of Yuta.

"Wait I'm joining." Yuta sat up with a smile.

"You know we're gonna fight for the sink space right?" She raised a brow.

"Yup," He nodded, "It's cute though."

After they both freshened up Yuta was gonna put on his clothes from yesterday but Hyunjae had a better idea.

"Since I have one of your shirts you can wear that. As for jeans well I actually have a pair of pants and a jacket that I was working on from the same denim cut. I think they'll fit you," She smiled lightly, "It was supposed to be a gift but I didn't want to give it to you unless I knew the measurements were right."