37

Hyunjae exited the cab as it took her to the new building her mother owned. It was huge, bigger than the last one, but she expected it since her sister was making her tons of money. She wondered how long it took her to get this whole building. Of course she wouldn't be staying there, she rented an Airbnb nearby. Nope she was not gonna be sleeping under the same roof. She had gone to the Airbnb before to drop off her bags before heading there.

She took a deep breath and entered through the front doors. The building was nice inside as well, marble flooring and very minimalist. Just black and white but not in a tacky way. The lady at the front desk looked up confused as if they weren't expecting anyone. This building was technically used as dorms for trainees or at least she was told. Hyunjae approached the desk awkwardly. She didn't know why the lady looked so confused.

"How can I help you?" The lady asked looking up from the monitor.

"Uh my mom is the owner of this building. She told me to meet her here," Hyunjae said honestly.

"You're miss Hwang's daughter?" She asked confused, "I thought her daughter was a successful idol."

Hyunjae swore her eyes twitched at the lady's words. Ouch, haven't heard that one before.

"She has two daughters actually and a son."

"Oh," her voice got monotone, "you're the other one. The one that basically flushed her career down the toilet for-"

"Unfortunately that is me, but my mother likes to fabricate stories so what she told you isn't what happened," Hyunjae laughed bitterly leaning on the desk. "So where is she?"

"It'll be a moment. She has more important matters to attend to. Have a seat," She said gesturing you the lobby.

Hyunjae gave her a fake smile and sat down. There was no people aside from her. She scrolled through her phone before sending a text to Yuta and her friends. Just so they knew she was okay and alive.

The elevator dinged and sure enough it was her mom. Her mom simply glanced at her before sighing. Just like home, Hyunjae thought to herself.

"You dyed your hair again? Someone's attention starved," her mother sighed.

Hyunjae raised a brow, "It's black? Do you want me to dye it hot pink cause I will. Just say the word."

"Get in here before you cause a scene," Her mother snapped as she headed into a door marked office.

Hyunjae stood up following her into the office. It reminded her of a principal's office back in high school. Very unwelcoming. Her mom sat down in the big leather chair behind the desk while Hyunjae sat across from her waiting to hear what she had to say.

"I didn't think you would show up," her mother smirked.

"You knew I would why are you so surprised?" Hyunjae said annoyed.

"We won't be discussing today since your brother arrives tomorrow. Feel free to take the day off to do whatever you'd like."

"Whatever. This is a waste of my time," she rolled her eyes and stood up.

"Be here tomorrow at noon sharp or else," her mother said annoyed.

"Whatever," Hyunjae walked out of the office annoyed.

She was livid on how easy it was for her mom to waste her time. Everything was about gaining something whether it was money, fame, allies, all of that. She never cared who got in the way and that's why she always gutted heads with their dad. And as if things couldn't get any worse this happened.