15

Hyunjae laid on the couch, her legs rested on top of Kunhang's lap as he typed away on his phone. Both of them were in their own little world. Hyunjae working on some sketches and Kunhang well, on his phone and glancing at Hyunjae from time to time. Hyunjae looked at the sketch she was working on unsatisfied. There was something about it that she just didn't like.

"Are you sure you want it to look cartoony?" She asked Kunhang.

He nodded, "Yup! I'm gonna animate it so it'll be easier for me."

She raised a brow but didn't question him. She continued sketching the draft for Kunhang's robot, she made subtle changes here and there to make it look more like his vision. He had a project for his engineering class and he wanted Hyunjae to sketch the robot for him. He had explained how he wanted it to look when he got to her dorm so she had something to work off of. She finished the sketch but it didn't feel right to her, it felt too cartoony in her eyes. But Kunhang did say he wanted it a bit cartoony. She was just second guessing herself like she usually did.

"Okay. I think it's done?" She said questioning herself.

She handed over her sketch book to him. He took it and scanned the sketch multiple times. Irene came into the living room while the pair looked at the sketch. They both had their thinking faces on as they examined the sketch.

"Hey whatcha up to?" Irene asked as she saw them on the couch.

"Helping Kunhang design a robot for his class. What do you think?" She asked flipping the sketchbook to show Irene.

She studied the robot for a while. Irene was in awe of Hyunjae's work, she could sketch up anything in a matter of minutes, plus her designs were always extraordinary.

"I like it a lot. It's cute but it has a sinister vibe to it too, a lot like Kunhang."

Kunhang gasped taking the notebook back from Hyunjae, "That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me."

He began to fake cry over the supposed compliment. The door opened revealing yeri entering with Taeyong and Johnny who had some groceries.

"Hey! I need help," Hyunjae said calling the three over towards her.

Taeyong and Johnny raised a confused brow wondering what she could want.

"Ok so Kunhang asked me to help design his robot for engineering and I want your honest opinions. Does it look too cartoony?"

Kunhang handed them her sketchbook. The trio examined the sketch taking their time to observe it.

"I like it," Yeri smiled, "It's cute but kind of menacing almost."

Taeyong agreed with her as Hyunjae nodded, just like Irene said.

"It totally reminds me of Kunhang," Johnny chuckled, "cute on the outside but evil on the inside."

"You all know me so well, wow," Kunhang said putting a hand over his heart.

Hyunjae rolled her eyes shoving him, "So is it good?"

"Yeah why are you tripping about it?" Johnny asked.

She shrugged unsure herself. Maybe she was just being too hard on herself. Like always.

"I honestly don't know. Something just feels off about it."

"See I told you it was fine," Kunhang smiled pinching her cheek.

"Yeah yeah. Ok, thanks for your opinions," She smiled brightly at all her friends.

Their opinions mattered the most when it came to her sketches. Even when she felt like they were bad they'd lift her spirits by helping her fix it or give her other ideas.