63

"Ok but please text me or call if you feel even the smallest thing off," Hyunjae's dad sighed over the phone.

Today was the first day he was letting her go out on her own. No brother, no father, no guards, no nothing. Just her some sunglasses and a mask. It was evident that he was beyond worried about letting Hyunjae out of the apartment on her own, but she's had reassured him that she'd do her best to lay low.

"I promise I'll keep an eye out. Don't worry too much," she chuckled as she finished doing her hair, "I'll be on okay."

"You're sure? Cause if not I can call hyunjin to keep an eye on you."

"Dad," She chuckled, "It's all good let hyunjin enjoy his day with his friends."

Was she nervous? Yes definitely but she had been waiting for this day since the first day of house arrest.

"Ok ok be safe. Love you."

"Love you too dad," she smiled as she hung up.

Yu <33
Heyyyyy
are you sure you don't want me to go to you
Or at least meet halfway?

Jae <33
You sound like my dad 😭
We just got done having this convo
I'll be ok (๑・̑◡・̑๑)
It's just one subway ride

Yu <33
Ofc I know you'll be ok
But I'm worried about other people
I don't want anything or anyone to ruin today
We're finally going on a date 🥹
It's been too long

Jae <33
You're so cute 😭
I'll be good if anything happens I'll call
Don't worry your pretty little head
I've got this

Yu <33
Ok be careful
I love you ( ◠‿◠ )

Jae <33
I love you too! ( ◠‿◠ )

She grabbed her bag as she headed out to the subway. Now that she lived with her dad campus was a few stops away. Walking would take too long for her. She was feeling lazy plus there'd be a bigger risk that someone would recognize her or follow her around.

The fresh air hit her whole body as she exited the apartment complex. Nice, god she didn't ever think she would miss fresh air as much as she did. The sun was up too which was nice it wasn't too hot or too cold. Her favorite weather.

Yuta was planning today's date and he wouldn't give her any hints so she was beyond excited. She boarded the train and sat near the door as she put her headphones in. Her head bopped along to the rhythm of tell me by wonder girls. So far so good everyone was ignoring one another as they usually did on the subway.

She went through a couple songs as her stop finally arrived. Her excitement was overwhelming she couldn't contain it. Finally she was gonna go on a date with Yuta in public (maybe cause she still wasn't sure what he planned). She really needed this after all the stress and anxiety that she's been though the last few months. It still baffled her that it was really over.

Yuta waited anxiously in his apartment. He put lots of thought into planning this date, so much that he had a number of back ups in case Hyunjae felt iffy about going out after all. He needed today to be perfect.

"You look stressed," Sicheng said picking up his dance bag.

"I wouldn't say stressed. More like anxious? I need this date to be perfect or I'll cry," Yuta sighed.

"Dude it will be perfect," Sicheng said trying to raise his confidence, "Plus you literally cannot disappoint her."

"I know but this is technically the real first date since she's been gone and it's in public," Yuta pointed out, "Maybe I should have planned something here."