ooi. first day

ooi. first day
1.01

Oliver and Eliza were late. Which for their day, was a bad thing. Great way to show your responsible, Atlas would tell the twins. But luckily for them, he was an attending and didn't have to go through whatever this speech was—that they had missed half off.

"The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point. Look around you. Say hello to your competition. Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty. Five of you will crack under the pressure. Two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play? That's up to you." Richard Webber told the interns, told the future surgeons.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Oliver stands off to the side in the locker room, trying to stuff his own bag into his locker. He tried taking a few things out but nope, he still couldn't fit the simple bag into his locker.

Alex Karev looked over at the guy who stood beside him. He watched as the guy—Oliver— tried to stuff his bag into the locker. Without saying a word, Alex reached over and pushed the bag into the locker harshly.

Oliver jumped back quickly, his eyes widening at the loud, harsh sound Alex had made. He opened his mouth to say something snarky, probably something like: dude! could have at least given me a warning! but didn't get the chance.

A doctor pokes his head inside the locker room. "Okay. Martin, Robinson, Bond, Parkins." He called out the names of interns belong to some resident.

A female with dirty blond hair looks around the locker room, "Only seven women out of twenty." She says to the two women beside her, one being Eliza.

A female Korean intern with curly black hair turns towards the two girls, "Yeah. I hear one of them's a model. Seriously, like that's going to help with the respect thing?"

Eliza stays quiet, knowing that if she didn't have the money to go to medical school she would have done modelling to pay her tuition.

"You're Cristina, right? And your Eliza?" The tallish dirty blond asks.

"That's me. And your Meredith, right?" Eliza politely asks the dirty blond.

Meredith mutters a 'yeah' before Christina once again turns towards the two, "Which resident you assigned to? I got Bailey." Christina tells the two.

"The Nazi? Yeah, me too." Meredith agrees.

A male intern walks up to the three, his eyes trained on Meredith. "You got the Nazi? So did I. At least we'll be tortured together, right? I'm George O'Malley, uh, we met at the mixer, you had a black dress with a slit up the side, strappy sandals..." He says well the three exchange looks.

"Now you think I'm gay." George mutters sadly, his middle school crush on Meredith being crushed.

"Uh-huh." Christina says as she walks away.

"No, I'm not gay, it's, ah, it's just that, you know, you were, I mean, you were very, unforgettable." He stumbles over his words as he looks at Meredith.

Eliza and Meredith walk over to Christina, George watches with sad eyes. He wasn't expecting for Oliver to place a hand on his shoulder. George turned around and faced the boy who had placed a hand on his shoulder.

"My brothers gay. So just know, if you are I don't mind." Oliver told George before walking off—more skipping off but he would deny anyone saying he was skipping.

"O'Malley, Yang, Grey, Stevens, Lee-Sunny." A doctor calls out for the six interns.

George mutters something under his breath no one hears as he—they leave the locker room.