lxxii. tumour on the wall

6.07

Atlas was a heart surgeon, but that didn't mean he wasn't fascinated by other specialties.

Like neurosurgery for one — it was medicine dealing with disorders of the nervous system and the brain. It is the medical specialty surrounding the diagnosis and treatment of patients with injuries (and or diseases/disorders) involving the brain, spinal cord, spinal column, and nerves.

One of Atlas's daily highlight would be when Derek and his siblings told him all about the things they got to do at work. With the twins it ranged from different specialty's and who got to do the most when assisting in a surgery. But with Derek, he got to hear a lot about the brain and nerves, all those fun things. ( Now he also loved it when his mom called him up to come over for tea so they could talk about their days. )

But no matter what, he wouldn't change his specialty because he loved the work surrounding hearts just a tad bit more then he loved any other specialty.

In so many people eyes, Derek Shepherd was a neuro god. People from all over come to see the man in action. To have him save their loved ones. The guy has steady hands and does well under pressure. Does fancy surgery's that cost hundreds of thousands dollars. Starts breaking news clinical trials.

Atlas Lee-Sunny was a cardio god. Simply, he was who people wanted. Not Burke when he was the chief, but Atlas. He had steady hands that didn't shake when under pressure, and he always tried.

What a perfect match, the neuro god and the cardio god.

"I'm here! I'm here!" Atlas panted as he stepped into the scan tech rooms. Derek had paged him and since Atlas was in between patient, he wasted no time in going to where Derek had paged him too.

"Derek's no longer daddy's favourite." Was all Mark said, a grin on his lips.

Atlas blushed, "Derek's still my favourite... oh."

Christina laughed into the palm of her hand, when she composed herself she handed Atlas a scan. "Isaac has a cord tumour." She beamed, the situation was sad but since she had been kicked of Atlas's service, she was more than excited for a surgery. "It's awesome. Look."

Callie stepped up beside Atlas, the orthopaedic surgeon having just show up. "Awesome in a bad way. It's eaten five levels of his spine." She stared at the film in Atlas hand in wonder, "Wait. You're not seriously considering trying to take it out?"

"Of course he is." Christina walked past Derek and patted him on the shoulder, "He's Shepherd."

"It's a bad case of telephone, right?" Arizona asked hurriedly as she walked into the room with Oliver walking behind her. "Isaac's got a bone spur, or a herniated disk, not a — he diagnosed an osteosarcoma case for me a month ago. I thought it was a shadow, but it turned out to be the tiniest little lesion on an x-ray."