oxv. pick me, chose me, love me¹

2.06

Atlas didn't play by the rules, if anything he made up his own rules, only to break em. Maybe the fact that he didn't play by the rules was why he stood right outsides his ex-boyfriends trailer. Or maybe it was because Atlas had come to the realization that he was undeniably in love with Derek Christopher Shepherd.

When he came to the realization, he was sitting on the couch after getting home. Or after he had told Bailey — his possible best friend — that he was "pretty freaking sure im falling in love with him. Like spend the rest of my life with him, falling in love with him." earlier that night.

Before he had driven out to Dereks land, he was sitting on his couch watching a movie with his mom and sister ( some cheesy romance movie that was already making them cry ) and when he was the couple on the tv get their happily ending, he couldn't help but imagine it with Derek, playing it over and over in the back of his head what their lives would be if Derek wasn't married.

Before Atlas could rethink his decisions of coming out to Dereks trailer and telling him he loves him, the trailer door opened and out stepped Derek.

"Atlas?" He asked, not sure if the alcohol he had drank was making him hallucinate Atlas.

"Um, hi?" Atlas awkwardly raised his hand and waved. ( he was going to shoot finger guns, like Derek had when Atlas had flirted with him, but sadly didn't. )

Derek seemed to sober up quickly.
"W-what are you doing here?"

"I love you. I told you what I thought you should do. I thought you should do the right thing, and be with Addison. But I don't want to be out of this relationship. I'm so in it's humiliating because here I am begging, and telling you I love you —"

"Atlas." Derek cuts the rambling man off.

"Just shut up. Let me ramble." Atlas snaps lightly.

"Okay." Derek sighs. 

" Okay, uh, here it is. Your choice, it's easy. Simple even. Addison, or me. And oh god, she's great, I can't even hate her. But I love you. In a really big way — I would pretend to like your taste in music, go fishing with you, let you have the last piece of freaking cheesecake: that id want. If this was the 1970s id hold a boombox over my head, hell id do it now if you wanted. But I love you. So pick me. Choose me. Love me. I'll be at Joe's tonight. So if you do decide to sign the papers, meet me there. But I don't want you to sign them because I'm standing here and declaring my love for you. I want you to sign them because you love me back. And you want to spend the rest of your life with me like I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Atlas turns and walks back towards his car. Derek exhales sharply, puts his hands to his head and turns around in place.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Atlas was alone at the bar, drinking tequila once again.

"I actually said "Pick me." Right? I did? "Pick me"?" Atlas sipped his drink.

"I think it's romantic." Joe, the bartender comments after having listened to Atlas go on and on about what had happened.

"It's not romantic, Joe, it's horrifying. Horror movie horrifying. And I love horror movies — and I'm telling you that it was bad. Carrie at the prom with the pig's blood horrifying." ( atlas found the Carrie at prom scene very interesting )

"Ok, fine, it's horrifying. But Carrie took out an entire senior class as revenge. Gotta say, I like that in a girl."

"I said "Pick me." Oh god, I'm pathetic." Atlas groaned and dropped his head to the counter.

All the other interns are at the bar, other than Alex. They keep glancing back at the groaning attending.

"When you tell someone "I'll meet you later at a bar tonight," how long exactly does that mean you're supposed to wait?" Christina mutters, watching as Atlas does a shooter of something.

"Do you think he's really not coming?" George asks with sad eyes.

"It is getting a little hard to watch."

"It was hard to watch an hour ago. Now it's just pathetic." Yes, Atlas had been at the bar for about two hours now. TWO! He was drunk drunk, very drunk. And to make it even better, the interns had been there since he showed up.

"Who's pathetic?" Atlas drunkenly spun around to face the interns, who were only a few seats away.

Everyone shares a look.

"What?" Christina dumbly ask — Atlas knew it was her who said it was pathetic.

"You." Atlas points at Christina. "You'll who pretend to be my friends. Wait, you arnt even my friends — Bails is my friend. You are calling me pathetic behind my back in front of my face."

George points to Cristina as if to say her, not me.

"Why don't you just dump the pig's blood on me now and get it over with?"

The door bell jingles as someone walks into the bar. Atlas looks towards the door, thinking that it was Derek. No, hoping it was Derek.

It's Tyler, a male scrub nurse. He gives a nod to Atlas who was staring.

Someone's pager goes off, but Atlas can't identify who's it is.

"He's really not coming." Atlas whispers to himself, disappointed.

Everyone's pager goes off, including Atlas's, and the noice makes him want to throw it at an interns head.

"Joe, turn up the TV!" Someone shouts loudly, making Atlas groan at the noise.

"A massive train wreck occurred just outside of Seattle just minutes ago." A news reporter on the bar tv says. "The Vancouver-bound train was carrying over 300 passengers."

"Looks ugly." Joe voiced.

"Paramedics are on scene helping victims."

Joe notices that Atlas is getting ready to leave, his bag swung over his shoulder as he digs through it for some money."You're leaving? No, no, no, you can't leave." Joe stresses, his concern for the male showing.

"Sorry Joe! Gotta tend to someone else's problems!"

Atlas tries to walk away but Oliver pushes him toward the seat lightly. "You gotta drink some coffee, or water." Oliver says before sprinting out of the bar.

"You're in no shape to cut people open. Plus, I don't wanna miss the ending." He says, gesturing with his hands about the whole pick me, chose me, love me situation.

"Maybe it's for the best. Maybe I don't wanna know." Atlas makes his way towards the door.

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard." Joe shouts.

"Bye Joe!" Atlas waves widely before leaving.

════════ ☆
we did it readers! atlas has said I love you! ah! we need a ship name!