oox. his persons wedding

9.10

When Ben Warren had asked to speak with Atlas, alone, the man wasn't sure what was going to happen. In his mind, the worse thing he could think of was that Ben was going to break off the wedding and he would have to pick up the pieces of Miranda's broken heart.

"You want what?" Atlas questioned, eyes wide as he blinked in slight shock. He was baffled, confused, shocked.

"Your blessing." Ben spoke with confidence, his shoulders squared and his lips quickened upwards almost cockily. "You are, Miranda's 'person'. You have been with her through thick and thin, and she claims that you are one of the most important people in her life. Her child's godfather, even. Her man-of-honour. Her best friend."

Atlas nodded. It seemed to flash in his head that Miranda Bailey was more important to him as well then he let on too. He called her when something was wrong; when he would fight with Derek or when his patient died, and so on. She would be the one he called if he murdered someone and needed to get rid of the body — because he knew she would keep it quiet and bring the shovels.

"She said to me last night that if you didn't approve, than the wedding was off." Ben frowned slightly, because he hated the fact that someone — atlas — was the deciding factor in his own marriage. "Which, well..."

"I would never let her do that." Atlas started, he shifted in his chair before he flashed a small smile. He liked Ben, Ben was kind and caring and had an overwhelming urge to help as many people as he could. "You, Ben Warren, have my approval. You are such a great guy and I know you'll make Bails happy."

Ben stuck his hand out, his lips quirked upwards in what was a smile. "Thank you, Atlas."

"Don't thank me, I would have never let her drop what you two have. But if you do hurt her, I swear —"

And the rest wasn't too child friendly, but what did you expect? Atlas would swear at anyone if it came to Miranda Bailey, heck, Atlas would burry a dead body if Miranda Bailey needed his help.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Oliver sips on his drink, his fingers wrapped around the cool glass as he sits beside Jo Wilson, an intern he was now drinking with. "Don't let Karev bother you, he's just grumpy because Grayson Morris wouldn't scrub in on his surgery."

"Doctor. Morris? He's the new neuro fellow, right?" Jo let the question flow from her lips as she placed her drink against the counter. She hadn't been on Doctor. Morris's service yet, but she had an idea that he was pretty nice, everyone seemed to speak highly of him. "I saw him talking to Doctor. Sunny-Shepherd."

Oliver twists his wedding band on his finger. He likes to play with it when he can, it makes him feel grounded and connected with his wife Meredith. "Ah, yes, Doctor. Morris and my family go way back. He was our next door neighbour before we had moved here. He was a big part of our lives."

Jo tilted her head slightly, interested in what was being said now. "Our?"

"More so me and my sister. He's our age, and we were in every class together. Us three could not be separated." Oliver grinned. Gosh, he missed his sister so much. He spoke to her yesterday, her baby Brian was growing up and she was healing. That's all that mattered to Oliver, was that she was okay. "We were the best trio our home town ever saw."

"Your sister, she doesn't work at the hospital?" Jo pushed slightly, she's heard rumours and speculations, but not once has she heard what truly happened. "Her name is Eliza right?"

"Yeah, Eliza. She's living on a farm right now, with a girl, April, who was from our residency class. Her fiancé died and she needed to go somewhere where she could heal." Oliver spoke softly, pushing his empty cup away and signalling for another. "She's happier now, and she's healing. You'd like her, I think you two would get along great."

Jo smiled softly, she liked the way Oliver talked about his family. Like they were one of the most important people in his life — they were. "When I meet her, I hope we're good friends."

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Miranda Bailey was married for the second time in her life, but this time was the last time. After a long, long, day at work saving the life of Adele Webber — her mentors boss — and keeping all her wedding guests waiting for the ceremony, it finally happened. She was married to Ben Warren, a man who promised to keep her close in his heart and love her forever.

"Want my gift now or later?" Atlas grinned as he stepped towards the bride, his hands holding what looked to be a larger box wrapped in the prettiest of paper. "It is your Christmas gift too."

Miranda laughed slightly. It's been a few hours since she's seen Atlas, whom had been working on different cases throughout the day before the wedding. "Let's go for a walk first, Atlas."

Atlas and Miranda walked off, leaving the people behind them to chat and dance to the music that played. They made their way outside, where a variety of outdoor seating was, including a gazebo for the two to hide away in.

"When's the honeymoon?" Atlas asked after a few minutes of silence. He had a feeling that his best friend was a little overwhelmed with her entire day, the people coming up to her left and right and the little voice in the back of her head saying she wouldn't do any better in this marriage than her first. "Bails?"

"El called. She sent a gift too." Miranda started first. She had glossy eyes. Her interns, whom where now grown up and becoming successful strong people, were her babies too. They were her annoying, boundary pushing children. She taught them more than she thought she could.

And Eliza told her that.

"She did?" Atlas hasn't talked to her in a few days. They had both been really busy, and Eliza had taken up a small temporary job in a clinic helping pregnant woman. "What did she get you?"

"A plane ticket. Two actually — for me and Ben." Miranda smiled as she shrugged. "To the farm so I could go see my little grandkid. And then to Paris."

Atlas's eyes bulged in slight shock. "Paris! That's awesome!"

"Ben helped set it up. She claimed that it was more from him than it was from her." A laugh bubbled once again. "But that's where we're going."

"Speech! Big brother, we wanna hear your speech!" Oliver cheered as he ran outside, grabbing ahold of his brother by the hand and dragging him inside, towards what was the stage where Miranda and Ben had said their I do's.

Bailey wasn't too far behind, following the two brothers inside and then heading towards her husband, who smiled and kissed her cheek as she sat down.

"Miranda Bailey! First and foremost, congratulations!" Atlas cheered first and everyone else in the room followed his actions. "You are one of my best friends, my person, but no one wants to hear about that. They wanna know the secrets, the funny stories shared between us! What about the time we were arrested..."

:)