cix. rawr and roar

cix. rawr and roar
8.18

Atlas had boughten Starlee and Cameron their one lion teddy bears. He saw them when he was out impulsively shopping and knew he had to buy them for his kids. 

"You like the tile? And the master suite? And the kids play room?" Derek asked as he drove himself and his family to the hospital; where he and his husband would work and where his children would play in daycare.

Atlas turned his head so he could look at his husband and not the road in front of him. "I love everything, and the big bakers kitchen! And the closet in our bedroom. And the room for my family, and the room for yours. I promise, Der, I love everything."

"Meow." Starlee spoke from her place in the backseat. She was talking now, and her fathers have been working with her on the noises that animals make.

Atlas looked over his shoulder, grinning. "That's great, Star. That's what a cat says."

"Are you sure you love —" Derek started to ask, wanting to know if his husband who he would spend the rest of his life with, truly loved the home he was building.

Atlas narrowed his eyes at Derek. "Der, hun, I love it. Just bring me and the kids out for the big reveal, ooo with balloons!"

"Rawr!" Starlee let out, her little lion teddy moving as she moved her hands that held it.

"Roar!" Cameron spoke, his own little lion teddy moving towards Starlees.

Atlas smiled even brighter at his children. He looked over his shoulder again, "Good, Star, Rawr. That's what a lion says. And Cammy! Roar is also what the lion says, good job!"

When Atlas and Derek looked back to the road in front of them, a lion — a real life freaking lion — was walking across the road shaking its head and roaring.

"Is that a..." Atlas trailed off with wide eyes, lifting up his phone and taking a picture. No picture means no proof that it actually happened.

"That's a lion."

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Atlas and Mark were standing in the elevator together.

Cammy was standing beside Atlas holding his hand and not wanting to let go, and Starlee was in his arms with her head resting against his shoulder.

Mark held Brian in his arms, a giraffe teddy that Brian played with was pressed against his chest. He looked around the small, somewhat empty elevator in awe.

"I feel like El and I are at a crossroad." Mark sulked. "It's been a few months with since Brian was born, as El still won't move in."

"She likes her room at Merediths, and the room at our mothers house. And at my house." Atlas shrugged slightly. "El might find it as a step in the relationship that hadn't been discussed. Like your dating but you haven't labeled yourselves girlfriend and boyfriend."

Mark turned. He hadn't thought about that. He hadn't thought about the fact that he and Eliza hadn't actually labeled themselves, but they were together. "I'm gonna propose. That's what I'm gonna do."

Atlas looked towards Mark with wide eyes. The elevator door opened and Mark stepped out before Atlas could say anything.

Mark was going to propose to Eliza?!

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"What's up, C?" Atlas stepped into the lab where Christina was working on the hearts that Teddy was going to grow. Atlas was going to be the one to lead the project, but he had offered it to Teddy Altman when he and Derek adopted Cameron.

Christina didn't say anything, only continuing to use the syringe to put more cells and such into the petri dish.

"I saw a lion today. Uh, your niece and nephew thought it was so cool." Atlas smiled and sat down on one of the stools by the counter. "They rawred and roared."

Christina looked up slightly. She wasn't someone for kid, she didn't want them, but being the cool aunt was something she could live with. She liked to hear stories of Starlee and Cameron.

"Last night I was making cookies. I have some in my cubby for you, by the way. And Starlee and Cameron wanted to help. They both held the mixers in their little hands and stirred. They even asked if they could pour the chocolate chips in — which they ended up pouring way too many chips in... so they're extra chocolate chip cookies."

Christina looked up and smiled slightly. "Extra chocolate chip?"

Atlas nodded. "A few have mint chips too! I made sure you got all of those."

"They're my favourite ... thank you."

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"Lex... I'm sorry. But I think I should do this." Derek spoke as he took the surgical instruments away from Lexie. It wasn't that he believed she couldn't do it — she could. It was just because she was distracted by the fact that she had overheard Venus talking about asking her girlfriend to move in.

Lexie nodded sadly. "Yeah, no, that's okay. Next time."

"I'm not gonna tell Venus what to do." Derek stated. "They'll move in either way. It's not my words that matter. She asked for my opinion, but what'll change her mind, is you."

Lexie looked up at Derek, confusion showing. "What?"

"If Venus knew that she had a chance with you — the person she's been pinning after since she moved here — than that would change everything." Derek told her, not even looking up from the brain in front of him.

Lexie blinked, "Really?"

Derek nodded slightly. "She's happy with the eyeball doctor. So make sure that you truly want her, but just because she's with the eyeball doctor. Okay, Lex?"