xxiii. the bomb ²

xxiii. the bomb ²
2.17

Dylan the bomb squad guy, is slowly strapping a flak jacket up to Meredith, Atlas already having his strapped on. He is wearing one himself. Cristina is already wearing a flak jacket and squeezing the ambu bag. Everyone's wearing a flak jacket.

"You realize how stupid that was." Dylan addresses the intern and attending.

"It was you guys. Incredibly stupid!" Christina scolds.

"Ok you know when you don't need to be made fun of? Like when you've got your hand inside a body that's got a bomb in it and a stranger is velcro-ing a flak jacket to your boobs." Meredith sharply turns her head towards Christina as she snaps at the Korean intern.

"Ok."

"You've got a sense of irony." Dylan chuckles.

"Only when things are really ironic." Meredith says to Dylan before she looks to Cristina. "I had a feeling."

"Me too." Atlas sighed referring to the no-good-horrible feeling he had that morning.

Cristina shoots Meredith an 'really? I can't believe you'd say that' look.

"What's that?" Dylan asks trying to get something on the feeling the two had.

"Nothing." Meredith and Atlas reply.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Merediths eyes bore into Dylans, "So you have a plan right?" she nods to herself before continuing. "You have a way to get us out of this right?"

Dylan only stares back at the two holding the bomb sadly.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Dylan presses the cell phone to Atlas's ear. "Bailey?" He questions softly.

" I can't do this. My-my husbands gone, and your not here. A-and y-your stupid brother and his intern friend think that they c-can come in here and try and get me to push." Miranda Bailey says through the phone, Oliver holding his own phone so Bailey can talk into it.

Atlas lets out a sad sigh, "Bailey, Bails. Your my best friend, okay. Meredith and Christina always say that they're each other's person. Y-your my person. You hear that, your my person."

Atlas can hear the sniffles and cried from the other side of the line. "Bailey?"

" I'm here. I-I don't think I can do this. I really don't."

"Yes you can. Your brave, and smart, and you are Miranda Bailey. You are a badass and I believe in you. But you gotta do this for me, because I can't loss you okay?"

" o-okay. I can do this. "

" Oliver and George will be right by your side the whole time."

" she's ready, thanks big brother."

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Burke and Dylan are whispering to each other at the doorway of OR 3. Meredith and Atlas share a glance.

"Stop it!" Atlas says loudly, catching everyone's attention. Burke and Dylan stop whispering.