lxxxiii. calm before the storm

6.23
episode based in first
person/atlas's pov.

tw — please read with caution
( death, shootings,
gun violence, blood,
offering of one's life. )

It was weird. Everything was calm. But I've always believed that there was a calm before a storm, like the gentle breeze before the bug gushes of wind that swept up things in its path.

I couldn't really understand why today felt like some of those other days — the day I held a bomb, or the day I had been involved in a ferryboat accident, or the day my father died — but today just felt like one of those days, and truly, I didn't know why.

But that's all I could think about as I walked the hallways of the hospital, the safe place that I could call my fourth home. I had many homes: Derek's trailer, my mothers home, my home, and the hospital.

To some, a hospital is scary. But to me, it's a safe place where I had created so many memories. It's where I learnt new things, where I've seen my siblings grow into doctors.

It's essentially, a sanctuary.

"Hey, Atly." Miranda Bailey had greeted me as she started to walk beside me. If you didn't know, Bailey was my person — she's pretty much my best friend but more, or my Christina to my inner Meredith? Let's go with that.

"Hey." I smiled towards her as I turned my head slightly to look at her.  I knew all the tea, all about her and Ben Warren. "How's you and Ben?"

"No." Was what she had replied with. I didn't mind that answer though, being I know that in a few days she tell me all about it. That's also because she'll be ready then.

"Alrighty then Bails." I smiled towards the shorter woman and I turned down a different hallway then her.

It wasn't strange to see people I didn't recognize. Family members of patients walked the halls down days, and some days people were just lost. But today, as I made eye contact with a man I didn't recognize, I couldn't help but feel as if the store was just about to start.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

It was the way Meredith, my sister in law had pulled me aside with Christina. I liked Christina most days, she was fun and great at her job, she was even one of my most promising students ever. And Meredith, she was like my sister, El, only she was more blond had had Ellis Grey as a mother.

But anyways, Meredith had pulled me and Christina aside because she had news. Believe me when I say that I was bouncing on the balls of my feet, because I was.