lxxvi. ❝i do❞

lxxvi. ❝i do❞
— ♾ —
you are my today,
and all of my tomorrows.
- leo christopher

two weeks before the wedding

"Bailey!" Atlas yelled out loudly, he was standing in a dressing room where he was trying on many different tuxedos. "Bails! We need a different bow!"

Poor Miranda Bailey couldn't catch a break, Atlas and her had been out most of the day doing some last minute wedding preparations. Since Atlas had put it all off.

"I've got it!" Miranda told him as she stood outside of the change room Atlas was in, her hands on her hip.

The door swung open and Atlas stood there with a huge toothy grin, "Thanks, Bails." He grabbed the tie Miranda held out for him. Atlas struggled to put the bow on, so Bailey took over and did it for him.

The dark blue tuxedo Atlas wore hugged his body, the outfit having been made just to fit him. The slightly lighter blue bow was now wrapped around his neck, finishing up the outfit. "How do I look?" Atlas questioned as he twirled around in a circle so Bailey could see him in his outfit.

"Wonderful, like a pro soon-to-be-husband." Bailey told him as she reached forward and smoothed out a few wrinkles in the shoulder of Atlas's tuxedo.

"Bails?" Atlas said quietly, a smile still resting on his face.

Miranda nodded, "Yeah?"

"Will you be my best man? Or is it best woman?" Atlas asked. Derek had already gotten his groomsmen picked out — Mark, Richard and Owen. (And possibly Oliver.) And Atlas had everyone else he could possibly need, he only had to ask Bailey to be his best woman.

( Oliver wasn't Derek's or Atlas's best man, only because he had asked not to be. He said, "I don't wanna be a best man! I suck at planning parties." Of course the two obeyed his request. So that's when they came up with the idea of Oliver being the flower boy along with holding Starlee, who couldn't walk by herself yet. He hadn't said yes yet. )

"No." Bailey shook her head, her lips pressed into a straight line. It was totally a Miranda Bailey type thing to say no in being someone's best man/woman.

( Atlas had an idea she would say no, that's why he had practiced pouting and making puppy dog eyes with Derek the night before. )

"What?! No! Bails! You're my person! You're my best woman, it's the law!" Atlas did as practiced, placed a pout on his lips and made puppy dog eyes.