xcii. eliza has news

xcii. eliza had news
7.12

Eliza's never been this sick. She's never been throwing up for a constant of days, right in the morning too. It doesn't matter if she's at work, or if she's at home, or if she's at Marks. She throws up, feels much better and then goes on with her day.

She's a doctor, she should have noticed the signs before. The headache that comes and goes before bed, the craving for foods she doesn't like ( pickles ) and her missed period.

But she thought for the first bit it was normal — she knows that her period would most likely change after the shooting due to the stress, and the headaches were probably from the same cause. It's what she told herself.

She couldn't understand why she wanted pickles though. She's never liked pickles because they once made her sick as a kid, she had vowed not to eat them again. That was until she craved them so bad, she walked across to Joes bar just to get a pickle because the hospital food court didn't have any.

Pregnancy wasn't on her mind. Not even a single thought. It never crossed her mind until she spotted the pregnancy test on the shelf in the clinic.

Her heart skipped a few beats, and she slightly froze when she thought about it. She's late, she's tired and has headaches, she has morning sickness or spells of vomiting, and she's always wanting pickles.

Her hand reaches out and as quick as she can, she grabs a pregnancy test and slips it into her white coat pocket. And she hopes, that maybe, this is just a dream she'll wake up from.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Eliza's on her big brothers service today. She's got her med student, Grace Tiana, following behind her as she review the case. And her pocket that holds a pregnancy test feels like a hundred times heavier than it actually is.

"Is the surgeon nice? Is he good?" The patients mother asks, a small look of fear in her eyes. She doesn't what her son to die, she wants the best surgeon she can get, and she wants one that's kind and sweet too.

Eliza smiled as she shifted on her feet, the med student looking up from the chart when she starts to talk. "He's one of the best here, miss. And he's very kind, he'll make sure you son smiles."

The med student continued to read with a small smile, they liked how well Eliza talked to the patients mother.

The mother of the patients smiled, "Good. Good."

"Do you have any questions, any concerns?" Eliza asked as she made her smile look so warm and friendly.

"What uh, can go wrong? I know you've told me before, but can you tell me again." The mother asked as she moved her hand so she could hold her sons hand. Her eyes looked watery, and her lips were pressed into a small sad frown.