xxxvii. boyfriend

xxxvii. boyfriend
3.13

Here's the thing: Atlas loved to sleep. He could sleep for days if he tried hard enough. But funny story, Derek Shepherd kept Atlas up all night.

And not in the way Atlas would have liked.

Derek had kept Atlas up all night ranting about not knowing that Richard was going to retire, that Burke of all people had been asked to take over for Richard.

Atlas didn't get it — then again he didn't want to be chief — what Atlas wanted was to be a surgeon like he had trained to be, he had no interest in doing all the administrative stuff. That shit was just too boring.

Derek placed a kiss on Atlas cheek, but Atlas groaned and moved his head into his pillow. Don't get him wrong, he loved the morning kisses, but he was tired and had half an hour until he had to get up and get ready for work.

"Morning," Derek muttered, his voice still full of jealousy, but her wasn't going to let that get in the way of showing affection to the man he liked.

"No," Atlas said into his pillow just loud enough for Derek to hear him.

"What do you mean no?" Derek held a confused face.

"I like you, Derek, I do. But no."

"I don't get it..."

"Let me sleep!" Atlas cried out loudly, loud enough that Derek got the point.

Derek pulled the blanket up over Atlas's shoulders just how he liked it and moved to go get ready for his day.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Richard enters the elevator in a fancy suit. Atlas, Derek and Bailey are all in front of him trying to get into the elevator.

"Chief!"

"Chief!"

"I gotta talk to the chief." Derek almost pushes Bailey as he leans on the elevator.

"So do I and I was here first." Bailey deadpans and Atlas lets out a chuckle — technically he had been the first one to reach Richard.

"I have a meeting to get to. A very important meeting." Richard visibly stands up straighter and smooths down his suit.

"I'll talk quickly," Bailey replies and moved into the elevator with Atlas — he was on board with her idea.

"You can get into Shepherd if you're fast." Richard invited the neurosurgeon.

"Mine's not fast, mine's epic." Derek leans on the elevator.

Richard watches the elevator doors close. "Then it'll have to wait." He says just before Derek goes out of view.

Bailey looks Richard up and down, her eyebrows rising, "Why are you wearing a tie? And why are you smiling like that?"

"You have the length of this elevator ride, Miranda. Use it well." Richard switches the conversation, dismissing Bailey's question.

"I have two words for you Chief: free clinic," Bailey tells the man.

"What?"