extra. happy halloween

au — no set season or episode

Atlas was crying tears of joy. His daughter was dressed in the cutest little pumpkin costume that he's ever seen. Her cheeks had orange painted pumpkins on them, she wore orange tights and had the most adorable - heart stopping - awe dropping pumping headband ever.

After all, it was Starlees first Halloween with the Lee-Sunny / Shepherds. They were going to awe, and take her trick or treating even though she wouldn't be able to eat all the candy she got. And they were going to take lots and lots of photos.

Well, they were taking photos now. Derek had a camera out, taking as many pictures as he could as the little girl wobbled in an attempt to take a few steps towards her pumpkin teddy bear. Atlas was holding the said teddy bear in his outreached hands.

Gosh, she was the cutest little pumpkin that they've ever seen. Atlas won't even lie and say that his siblings were cuter when they had been pumpkins one year — ( okay, they were pretty cute but not as cute as Starlee ) but it's always your child that's cuter then their uncles and aunts.

"Awe, look at you, my pretty little pumpkin." Atlas cooed when Starlee reached him and grabbed ahold of the teddy bear.

Atlas was grinning, eyes sparkling with so much love and adoration when his daughter turned towards Derek. She babbled and reached out for him.

"Hey! We're here." Oliver said, stepping into the living room and scooping Starlee into his arms before she could even notice what was happening.  She didn't mind though, her uncle making her smile and each for his cheeks.

Meredith smiled as she watched her husband play with the toddler in his arms. "We have candy too, by the way. It's on the kitchen table."

Zola made a noise from where she was in Meredith's arms. She was dressed as a ladybug, the cutest ladybug that she's ever seen. She's trying to be a better mother then her own had been, and this was a step towards that.

Atlas smiled, "Thanks, Mer."

"We're here too." Eliza stepped into the living room where everyone else was. Mark by her side and baby Brian tucked away against the older man's chest. Brian was dressed as a tiger.

The adults were dressed up too — okay, well that was kinda a lie — they wore their scrubs and lab coats. They were doctors. Get it, since they're actual doctors.

Lilla waved as she stepped into the house, a bag of cookies in one hand. She was a baker for Halloween, and she had flour smeared across her cheeks and shift.

Miranda Bailey and Tucker Bailey stepping into the home shortly after. Miranda was dressed as a doctor as well. Tucker was someone from Starwars — Atlas was pretty sure it was a Jedi.

"Atly!" Cameron shouted happily as he came barreling around the corner, having been down the hall with Snacks. Cameron was dressed as Darth Vader, a costume that went extremely well with Tuckers costume.  

Everyone was together, of course there were a few people missing — ( like Alex and Christina who had chosen to stay and work ) but they could continue with out them.

"Who's ready to go trick or treating?" Atlas asked and everyone cheered slightly. The adults were much more excited to go door to door and show off their children and the costumes they wore.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Trick or treating had gone well, and all the children were out to bed. It was just the adults awake now, sorting through all the candy that had been gathered.

They were sorting them by the kind of treat — chocolates, gummys, snacks, drinks, so on so on — and once they were sorted that way they would make sure nothing had been open or tampered with.

"I think it was the bed when we took them to the hospital and all the nurses filled their buckets." Eliza said, pointing out what she believed was the best place they had taken the kids too.

"I don't know, that one house we want to gave them just as much candy." Mark countered, tilting his head slightly as he unraveled a chocolate and stuffed it into his mouth.

Atlas chuckled, throwing a half opened piece of a pack of gummys into the garbage. "I think it was the way when we went to that one house where all the decorations were out and Cameron and Tuck ran through it all screaming."

Everyone else chuckled at that. It had been extremely funny to watch the two hold hands and run through the yard screaming. Of course afterwards all the adults stopped laughing and made sure the two kids weren't too traumatized.

But besides that, everyone seemed to have had fun. It was a great Halloween, if they would say so. The kids had so much fun they had practically fallen right asleep the second they got to the Lee-Sunny/Shepherd home.

"Happy Halloween, everyone."