xlii. cake

xlii. cake
3.21

Oliver and Eliza sat amongst their friends and they studied for the intern exam. They had been invited over to Christina and Burks apartment, that way Christina could be the perfect soon-to-be bride by helping pick out a wedding cake.

As interns they know what they want, most of the time anyways. They want to hold the scalpels, to become the surgeons. And they will do whatever they need to do to get there.

"What are the signs of a central line infection?" Alex asked.

"Puss, redness and fever." Meredith listed.

Interns suffer through killer exams, endure 100-hour weeks, stand for hours on end operating rooms. You name it and they've done it. They have even carried a penis around in a cooler.

Alex nodded, "What's Kahn's syndrome?"

"Wait, wait, I know this." Meredith stressed.

"Tick tock." Oliver smirked.

"Um..." Meredith trailed off.

Eliza copied her brother smirk, "Cracking under the pressure, Mer?"

"No! Um...hypocortolis...cortolism..."

"Primary hypro dostrolonism." Christina cut in, and Oliver sent her a look as if he was saying she was right. "Yes, out of the seat. My turn." The Korean intern cheered.

"No it's my turn." Izzie whined.

Christina now sat in the chair, "No it's not."

Burke walks up with cake and Christina shakes her head, "Oh honey I..."

"Try this one. White sponge with vanilla butter cream." Burke held a fork for his fiancé.

"Ok yeah. I'm trying to study for the most important test of my intern career. I don't have time for wedding cake." Christina groaned as Eliza reached for the plate, trying to take it from Burke.

"Just try it." The cardio surgeon insisted.

"Go, go!" Izzie clapped.

"What is the strongest layer of the small bowel?" Eliza told them quickly, she felt like she was on a game show of some kind.

"Fine, yummy, go!" Christina nudged Burke away.

"Damn it. Damn it. Damn it. Damn it." The blond haired, Lvad wire cutter, repeated.

"It is not snot." George added as a hint.

"Submucousa!"

"Yes." George cheered.

"Wait, wait. How do you know that? Are you studying with the wife's cards?"

"What cards?" Oliver and Eliza asked in sync, causing the other interns to send them a glance, always finding it creepy when they spoke in sync.

"Callie was ranked number one in her year after this test. She has legendary flash cards. Atlas got 100% on his test, he had cards we need! He's your brother, go find his cards!" Christina threw her hands into the air and pointed at the Lee-Sunny twins with a heated glare.