xvciii. ❝you're okay❞

7.22

"It's the first time you'll see it." Derek held his husbands hand as he lead him towards something. Atlas was blindfolded, eye open underneath the blindfold as he tried to peek at where Derek was leading him. "I want it to be a surprise."

"Okay, okay." Atlas tripped, hands flying out to grab ahold of anything, Derek being the one to help steady him. "Phew."

"Okay, you can open your eyes." Derek removed the blindfold and watched as his husbands looked at the sight in front of him.

"It's your dream home." Atlas bounced on his feet, gaze moving around everything he could see.

"Our dream house." Derek happily said, after all it was his and Atlas's dream home where they could grow old together and expand their family, even let Snacks have a large backyard to run around in.

Derek stepped forward, tripping on a piece of wood that he hadn't noticed he left in the way. He landed on his knees, causing the skin to red and unfortunately for him he scrapped some skin causing blood to soak his pants. "Ouchie."

Atlas crouched down, checking his husband knee out to make sure that he didn't do to much damage. He wouldn't want to have to call Callie because of their old bones. "You're okay, love."

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"A 757 went down in the sound. We're looking at about 200 injured passengers. We're the designated crisis center. Families will be instructed to come here to find their loved ones. We are activating surge protocol." Richard Webber looked at everyone standing and laying attention. His voice carried. "Dr. Hunt is gonna be running the show. It's gonna be chaotic. You need to listen carefully. You need to stay focused. Do not contribute to the panic. Now get to your stations."

Atlas was helping little Grey run the family centre with Eli, a nurse that Bailey has been cozy with. It's already been a hectic morning — Atlas had learnt that Meredith tampered with Derek's Alzheimer's trial — and now there's parents and loved ones yelling at them for information they don't know.

"Please make sure you give us a cellphone number." Lexie informed the families that were stepping up to write names and numbers down.

"Matthew Ruiz? Do you have —" A woman asked, looking towards Lexie for all the answers that she didn't know.

Lexie shook her head sadly. "No one from the flight has arrived yet. As soon as we get..."

Another woman stepped closer, voice braking, earnings moving side to side as she shook her head. "Do you have a list of people they're bring to the hospital? Because we - we —"