xciii. meet the parents

7.14

Oliver and Meredith have been married for a little while now, and surprisingly, he's never really met his wife's father. He's seen him, has an interaction with him, but he hasn't had the chance to introduce himself as Meredith's husband. Oliver's been thinking about it a lot, he's been wondering why he didn't get a chance to meet the man when he had come in for a liver transplant. He figured that maybe it was because he stayed by Meredith's side practically the whole time.

Today would be different though, he would figure that out soon when Miranda Bailey would walk into the resident lounge.

"Wanna have Italian for supper?" Olly asked out loud, it's was a suggestion for anyone really, anyone who would join him and have Italian food that he's been craving.

Alex wasn't listening, he was too busy reading a medical journal Meredith had given him. He was leaning against Eliza, her back against his as they say on the floor. "You take your prenatal this morning?"

Eliza loved the caring side of Alex. He's a great person, and it might have taken her a little while to figure that out, but it was worth it in the long run. "I did, Mark reminded me this morning."

"Good, good." Alex nodded happily. "And how are you liking the smoothie Arizona gave you?"

Oh yes, the green goo smoothie. Callie learnt that she was pregnant the night Mark had banged on her door, exclaiming that he was going to be a dad. It was a happy moment, and now Callie and Eliza are belly buddy's. Arizonas been so kind to help Eliza out by giving her smoothies she says she'll drink, but actually just pours down the drain and replaces it with her coffee, today she hasn't done that yet.

"It's great, want a sip?"

"Nope, thanks though, Ellie."

Now Miranda Bailey stepped into the residents lounge, her eyes quickly glancing at Oliver who was reading take-out menus. "Greys, okay,how long has your father been having abdominal pain?"

This stopped the chatter in the room. Meredith and Christina stopped laughing at the fact that Meredith's crisis — choosing to be on a Diabetes or Alzheimer trial — was Sophie's choice.

"Abdominal pain?" Meredith's face changes and Oliver can't help but look between his wife and Bailey, waiting for what's next.

"It sounds like abdominal pain. Thatcher Grey us not an easy man to get information from." Bailey shook her had as she talked, it truly had been a struggle to get anything out of Thatcher.

"Our — our father's here in the hospital?" Lexie stopped what she was doing as she looked up at Bailey, asking the question and trying to figure out why her father could be in the hospital.