lxxxii. lets save the day

6.22

Atlas was a cool person. He truly was. And maybe that's why he was always invited to Meredith Greys parties. Those big huge, dance on the table kind of parties. It definitely helped that his brother was married to Meredith, and it also helped that Eliza and Meredith were close.

Did Atlas mind the big partys? Nope, in all honesty he enjoyed them to the fullest extent. He could get on a table and dance like his life would end the next day, he could drown a bottle of alcohol and still continue to smile.

Did he enjoy fancy, dress up parties that had boring classical music? No, in fact he almost hated them. He'd much rather be on a table dancing with a bottle of vodka with the twisted sisters and his siblings.

The Lee-Sunny twins were the same way, if either one of them had to dress up for a party, it most likely was going to be some Halloween party. They'd both rather be in something bright, and happy looking. Not the black dress and black dress suit Atlas had picked out for Dereks party.

Oliver stood beside Lexie, the two having a conversation about a case they worked together.

Across the room stood Eliza, who was standing beside Mark at the very love party that was hosted for Derek. "Elly, can I get you a drink?" Mark asked as he threw an arm around the woman's shoulder.

"Something fruity, thank you." Eliza replied as she watched everyone get along, but not really enjoying the boring party. No one seemed to be very happy, all just standing around and talking lightly.

"El, Mark!" Derek peeked his head out from his study. The said two turned around and made quick eye contact with Derek before waking towards the study in Atlas's very nice home.

"Derek!" Mark squeezed his friends shoulder.

"So these are the blue prints for the house." Derek unrolled a large few sheets of paper.

"The one out in the woods? The dream house?" Eliza asked wide eyed, recalling the few conversations she'd have with her brother about it.

"The dream house." Derek hummed happily. It was his and Atlas's dream house. "This whole wall with be windows so we can take advantage of the view." Derek pointed things out on the blueprints.

"Nice." Mark mussed.

"Have you broken ground yet?" Owen questioned before taking a sip of his drink.

"The day I was named chief." Derek stated proudly.

"Oo, yay!" Eliza exclaimed, very excitedly. She might have had one too many drinks, of course that was all thanks to Mark.