xxxiv. conjoined twins

3.10

The cool breeze outside made Atlas want to move back into bed and curl up under all his blankets. But he couldn't do that, he had to meet with his relator and sign some paperwork.

It had been a week or two since Atlas had found the house just down his street, and planned his life out in the house. And when the relator had interrupted his day dreaming.

Now he had contacted the realtor, looked at the house, and all that was left to do was sign the papers — then the house was his. Atlas was excited, he was ready to finally take the next step in his life and move out — and hopefully have Derek move in with him.

Speaking of Atlas and Derek, the two had gotten closer once the divorce between Addison and Derek was finalized. Them getting closer meant a lot of time spend together walking deep in the trails behind Dereks trailer, or laying down on the grass and gazed up at the brightly lit night sky.

"Atlas...?" Derek nudged the man beside him, Derek was there to pick Atlas up and take him to the relator before going to work. Since Oliver and Eliza had pre rounds he couldn't use the car.

Atlas continued to look out the window, he was deep in thought about his life, he was moving out and it felt surreal to him.

"Atly?" Derek lightly shook the male beside him with concern etched across his face.

"Yeah? That sounds great." Atlas muttered.

Derek let out a chuckle, a smile was tugging at his lips. "We're here." Derek pointed to the relators office.

"Oh, okay, thank you." Atlas nodded still distracted.

Derek let out a small sigh and parked his vehicle. He unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of his vehicle. Atlas furrowed his eyebrows at the action, Derek paid no attention to the confused face Atlas held, as he placed his own hand in Atlas and walked right by his side to the building.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"When you buy your first house, I'm gonna throw you a party and everyone's gonna bring some kind of plant." Brian told his son who had a goofy grin on his young face. Atlas was only sixteen at the time.

"Really?" Young Atlas beamed in joy.

"Of course my boy! Why wouldn't I?" Brian wrapped an arm around his sons shoulder.

"I-I just thought that you wouldn't ever let me move out. Mom always says she wants me to live with you guys forever." Atlas told his father and Brian chuckled.

"Oh my boy. One day your gonna find someone else who'll love you and want to spend the rest of their lives with you. And I'll make sure that you get the housewarming party you deserve."

Atlas sniffled and wrapped his arms around his father tightly. "I love you, dad."

"I love you too bud."

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Everyone seemed to come up to Atlas throughout the day, and each and every person was complaining about Derek being a cranky crankpot. Even Bailey had told Atlas that Derek was in a mood — okay, what she had actually done was corner the attention and tell him that if Derek kept moping around she would make sure his ass was thrown back into scut for a few days. (Atlas didn't want that.)