oii. cheesy pickup line

1.02
[ mention of a rape victim]

How Derek and Atlas ended up in an elevator, together, would always be a mystery. It seemed the two just always caught each other at a certain time—that time being the elevator rides.

The cardio and neuro surgeons stand side by side in silence. There's the small awkward eye glances they make but neither seem to act on the fact that they are both glancing at each other!

"Your hand looks heavy, you should let me hold it for you." Atlas breaks the silence.

Dereks eyes widen visibly. He was not expecting Atlas to just straight out say some cheesy pick up line. But hey, it's Atlas. Derek was mentally freaking out: was he supposed to say something back? or just laugh? maybe place his hand into Atlas's?

Derek had no clue, this was new to him. And not to mention he had a wife back in New York.

Derek opens his mouth to say something back. But snaps it shut and very awkwardly raises finger guns.

aw, fuck. Derek cries mentally.

The elevator dings, letting the two exit and go their separate ways. Derek missing the glance he gets as he walks away.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

There's no perfect world, and if there was, Atlas wouldn't be operating in a tape victim. But hey, like I said, not a perfect world.

"She's going to spend a hell of a lot of time in recovery and rehab." Derek tells the surgeons that stand around the operating table.

"If she survives." Doctor. Burke counters.

"She will." Atlas says, a glimmer of hope sparkling in his eyes, one that Derek sees.

"What is she, like, 5'2", a hundred pounds, she's still breathing after what this guy did to her? If they catch the guy, they should castrate him." Derek looks up at Atlas, like he's making sure that he's still there and okay.

"See how shredded her hands are? She tried to fight back." Doctor. Burke points out.

"Tried to? Rape kit came back negative. She kicked his mother trucking ass." Atlas chimes into the conversation.

"So, we have a warrior among us, huh?"

"Alison. Her - her name is Alison." Meredith speaks up.

"Alison." Derek repeats quietly.

"I think I may have found the cause of our rupture." Doctor. Burke pulls out a piece of flesh with a surgical tool. "What is this? Does anyone know what this is?" He asks, fully unaware of the object.

"Oh my god." Meredith gasps.

"What? Spit it out, Grey."

"S-she bit i-it off." Atlas stutters out, in all his surgical life, he had never seen a case like this. But there's always a first time for everything.

"Bit off what?" He asks oblivious to the penis he's practically holding.

Others around him whisper.