oiv. yellow bag

oiv. yellow bag
9.06

Atlas walks with a bounce in his step, his phone against his ear. He's talking to Eliza, whom is happily living out her hippie dreams she had when she was younger. Atlas, from the daily pictures he got of his nephew, could see his younger sisters long ankle length skirt he had boughten her and shipped to her. He missed her, so so much and he missed Brian — ( who was older now, a few months away from turning two )just the same amount. But oh how Atlas knew that his sister needed to heal, and this was her way in healing. So he looked forward to the shared phone calls, and the numerous amount of pictures that were sent his way.

"So ... April woke up last night when Brian was crying and rocked him back to sleep." Eliza spoke from her side of the phone call. She was walking around the kitchen, mixing a batter of cookie dough. Trying a recipe that Aprils mom had left her when the older married couple left to go out for the day. "She even told me to go back to bed."

Atlas shrugged, "I didn't know she liked your kid."

Eliza closed her eyes, letting out a sigh. "Atlas, she's slept in my bed when I have dreams about Mark. She - she sleeps in my bed and reaches for my hand!"

"She's your person, El. It's been almost seven months since his death, she's become the person you tell everything too." Atlas leaned against the wall as he looked around at all the fun things that were happening inside the hospital. "Just accept the help, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Okay. I'll — Eliza! He - Brian hugged me! Liza he hugged me! He hugged you! Yay apes!" Atlas heard the conversation go on before his sister eventually turned her focus back to the phone. "Oh my gosh! I gotta go Atly! Bye, love you so much!"

The phone call ended and Atlas walked towards his patients room. Fiddling with the pen he now held, Atlas wasn't really watching out for anything.

"Oh, shoot. Sorry C." Atlas muttered before he took a step away. He hadn't realized that the woman he taught everything too, who had moved away, was now standing right in front of him with a tilted head and navy blue scrubs. "Christina! You're back!"

Atlas didn't pull the korean woman in for a hug, choosing to shake her hand and give her a high five instead. He's missed her, and this was great — having her back when the new hired attending wanted nothing to do with anything but research.

"Hey, Lee-Sunny." Christina smiled, genuinely happy that she was back. She was excited to do things as a fellow, and to learn whatever the man had to offer her. Or well, what else the man had to offer her. "I was heading to find you,"

"You were? I have this super cool surgery today! Wanna scrub in?" Atlas looked towards her, sharing a smile as he started to walk away. He waved her along. "Patients name is Emily Taylor, eighteen year old female who now needs an aortic transplant! Her parents were against the surgery all her life, but now she can make her own choice."