lxxxvii. not cleared

7.02

"Andrew Perkins hasn't signed off on her." Richard Webber spoke as Owen, Teddy and Atlas followed behind him. Owen and Teddy believe that Christina should be back in the operating room but Atlas still wasn't sure that the Korean woman was ready. "You disagree with him?"

"No." Owen shook his head slightly. "Keeping residents out of the O.R until they're ready is the right approach for most of them, but not for Christina."

Teddy stepped beside Owen. "She won't feel like herself until she's back in surgery again. You know Yang."

Richard looked between the three attendings. "I do. And you want to start her on an ex vivo heart reconstruction?"

"This is a once-in-a-lifetime ... " Teddy started only for Richard to cut her off.

"It is a hell of a lot of pressure, is what it is." Richard just wasn't having it.

Atlas cleared his throat. "She's not ready."

"She operated on — she saved your husbands life with a gun to her head. I don't think pressure is the issue for her." Teddy had turned towards Atlas as she tried to make her point.

Atlas put his foot down, literally having lifted it then placed it back down. "She is not ready."

"We're you cleared?" Owen asked Atlas as he turned toward the cardio chief.

"I am not cleared." Atlas was ready to roll his eyes. He felt as if he shouldn't have been asked that question, especially since they were talking about Christina. "But that shouldn't matter, we're talking about Christina."

Owen turned towards Richard Webber. "We owe her this, Richard, and she needs it. Put her back in the game."

Richard Webber sighed, "You are sure that this is what she needs?"

Both Owen and Teddy nodded. "Yes, absolutely." Teddy had spoke.

"Then okay."

Atlas shook his head. "She's not ready." He muttered under his breath.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Atlas was sitting in one of the gallery chairs as he watched Teddy and Christina operate. He would have been down there if he had been cleared, but he wasn't and so he opted with watching instead.

Atlas watched as Jackson Avery backed up and bumped into a tray. All of the contents that had been in the tray fell to the floor with a loud clatter.

Atlas watched Christina fall to the floor. In his head it felt like déjà vu from when she had been pregnant and collapsed. Shaking his head and clearing the memories, he jumped from his seat and made his way to the nearest staircase so he could go into the operating room.

He grabbed ahold of a mask and quickly tied it to his face. Atlas stepped into the operating room and right towards the place he saw Christina laying.

"Hey, C." Atlas whispered as he watched the resident blink quickly and breath heavily. "Hey, I'm here."

"Christina, you are okay. Can you get up?" Teddy spoke as she continued to work on what she was doing.

Atlas laid down on the floor beside the fallen resident. "Hey C. Can you hear me?"

Christina gave a weak nod but didn't say anything back.

"That's good, great. I'm gonna place my hand in yours okay? It's just me." Atlas did as he said and placed his hand in Christina's gently.

"I can't be in here." Christina whimpered as she looked towards Atlas blankly.

Atlas nodded, his cheek against the cold floor. "That's okay. We can go. We can go and you can go see your niece in daycare."

Christina continued to cry. "I can't — I c — I can't feel anything."

"Do you feel this?" Atlas squeezed Christina's hand slightly, only apply a small amount of pressure.

Christina nodded. "Uh-huh."

"Good. We're gonna go when you're ready. So you tell me when you're ready, okay?" Atlas continued to hold the woman's hand as they laid on the floor.

When Christina regained some feeling in her body, she had nodded her head towards Atlas and told him she was ready.

Atlas had helped Christina off the floor and out of the operating room. With an arm around the woman he lead her through the hallways and towards the daycare.

"You wanna say hi to your niece? You think we can do that?" Atlas asked as he wiped the tears from Christina's cheeks.

"Y-yeah. We can do that." Christina nodded and walked beside Atlas into the daycare.

Starlee looked up from the blocks she had been playing with. With a huge smile she wobbly walked towards her father and aunt.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"You left me in jail." Derek deadpanned as he stepped towards his husband, his arms crossed over his chest.

"You were the one who got arrested." Atlas shrugged.

Derek was just not happy about being left in jail. "You left me in jail. Jail!"

Atlas paused. "I knew you were safe there. You were stuck in jail, safe, where you couldn't drive somewhere and get into an accident. When you were in jail, I didn't have to worry about you dying. I didn't have to think about it because for one moment, one single moment, you were safe and I knew you were."

"Baby." Derek sighed and opened his arms so Atlas could step into a hug. "I'm here. I'm safe."

"I don't want to lose you."

"You won't. I'm right here."

════════════ ☆
hi! answer the question below please! it'll help me decide!

a) mark sloan and eliza lee-sunny confess feelings and it leaves eliza pregnant. similar to the callie and mark pregnancy and such. callie would still get pregnant, only by someone else who isn't very important.

b) callie gets pregnant after sleeping with mark and nothing changes from the original storyline.