cx. funding for derek

7.09

"Baby?" Derek called out as he stepped into his and his husbands home. "You awake?" Derek saw the kitchen lights on, and he heard the faint sound of water running. "Baby, we've talked about late night baking."

"You gotta set me on fire!" Atlas sung as he danced around the kitchen, a metal bowl in his arms as he mixed some kind of mixture. He had headphones on, which would explain why he hadn't answered any of Derek's calls for him.

Starlee was wide awake as she sat in her high chair that she was getting to big for. Her little hands, that again, weren't so little anymore, we're mixing what seemed to be a smaller version of whatever Atlas was mixing.

Derek was tired. He just stepped insidie his home with full intentions of going straight to bed, cuddling with his husband with their dog, snacks at their feet. Now he wasn't going to go straight to bed since his husband wouldn't be beside him, but instead would be singing/dancing/baking in the kitchen.

"Sweetheart." Derek cooed as he picked up his daughter. Ever since he signed the adoption paperwork two weeks after Atlas has signed the original adoption paperwork, he's never not seen Starlee as his daughter. She was his and Atlas gift under unfortunate circumstances to someone else. "You cooking with dad, huh?"

Starlee nodded. She can understand some words now. "Daahda." The youngling babbled as she reached out with her hands, getting chocolate mix all over Dereks shoulders.

Derek sighed. "Let's get you washed up." Derek started to walk away, dipping his finger in chocolate mix and tasting it as he did so. "Oh, you and dada make yummy food. Yes that's right."

It's never not been quiet in the Lee-Sunny-Shepherd home. There's always music, or snoring, barking or crying. There's always something happening, and more often then not, the experiences are shared with whoever steps foot inside the front door.

"Derek?!" Atlas called out as he twirled around in the kitchen. It was a shock to see that Starlee wasn't in her high chair anymore, and at first he thought that someone had broken in and taken her. That was until he saw his husbands shoes in the middle of the kitchen, along with his light blue button-up-shirt that had chocolate smeared onto it lazily thrown over a chair.

"Bedroom!" Atlas heard Derek call from upstairs. When he heard the call his heartbeat calmed down and it wasn't so rapid against his chest.

Atlas hurried up the stairs and into his and Derek's bedroom. When he stepped inside he swore his love for his husband grew, and his heart grew another size larger. ( yes, he knows the latter is quiet frankly not very real. but you can't blame him, he watched the grinch the other day. ) "Look at you two." Atlas smiled wildly as he watched his daughter jump on the bed, Derek kneeling with his arms out just incase she tumbled.