viii. you and me

viii. you and me
1.08

Atlas and Derek are still getting ready. Derek is brushing his teeth. Well Atlas sorts though his dresser looking for something to wear.

"Let's sleep at your house tonight." Atlas slips on a shirt, watching as Derek turns to look at him.

"What?" Derek asks, like he didn't hear what Atlas asked, even though he was pretty sure Derek heard.

"Why are we always sleeping at my house? Well not my house, but the house I live in. Do you even have one?" Atlas hands Derek a shirt as he rambles.

"One what?" Derek says once again, and Atlas can't help but think the neurosurgeon is playing stupid.

Atlas sighs, "A house. With a closet. With your stuff in it. Your personal stuff. Where I can keep a toothbrush? Do you even have one of those?"

"Ye—"

"I didn't mean a toothbrush."

"Mmm." Derek hums as he and Atlas leave the bedroom to head down to the kitchen.

"Good morning." Derek greats the Lee-Sunny family that sit around the table.

"Hey. You guys want a left over cupcake?" Oliver asks, holding up a day old cupcake Atlas had made.

"Oh, no." Derek shakes his head.

"Atly made them." Oliver smiles brightly and waves as his older brother.

Derek turned to Atlas, who was shoving a cupcake into his mouth, "You know, I like it here. The happy feeling this home gives off. You even said so yourself, you liked having your things around, sleeping in your own bed. Being around Olie and Liza."

Derek grabs getting cereal box while Atlas grabs his boyfriend a bowl and spoon.

"You're like a health nut, aren't ya? You eat healthy every freaking morning." Lilla lightly snaps, she didn't mind Derek, no, but Derek eating all the health food in the home might drive her insane.

"No, I don't." Derek denies as he sits down to eat his cereal.

"You eat healthy. At least the last seven days." Lilla argues back.

Let's get this straight, do not argue with Lilla. She could get scary when someone argues with her. She often always right, and never wrong and always finds a way to get under someone's skin. So really, don't argue with Lilla.

"Oh, come on. I haven't been here for a whole week. Have I?"

"See? Oliver thinks it's weird. They all think it's weird."

Derek and Atlas chuckle, smiling at each other.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Both Atlas and Derek had been at work for a few hours and they had just ran into each other. "I seem to hardly know anything about you." Atlas comments, wanting to know more about his boyfriend.

"You know I'm from New York. You know I like ferry boats." Derek somewhat reminded Atlas.

"Yes I knew that. What about your friends?"