lxvi. she gets a dimond ring

lxvi. she gets a ring
5.20

Oliver wasn't sure about a lot of things. He didn't know what he would eat the next morning for breakfast, he didn't know what to wear on a date, poor little Oliver didn't know where his keys were most of the time.

There were things Oliver knew, like surgery and things that lead to him being the surgeon he was now. He knew how to drive very well, he also knew every word to it wasn't me by Shaggy and Ric Rok, and prince ali from Aladdin.

He also knew how to cook really well, yet he preferred to eat his mothers cooking and his brothers baking. Oliver knew so much — but there was still so much he didn't know.

Meredith Grey was one think he knew. Oliver knew that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, he wanted to have a family with her too. He wanted everyone with her.

There was nothing that would make Oliver regret his decision on Meredith, he would stand by her until he died, even if they were fighting.

One thing Oliver didn't even have to think about because he knew it was the decision that felt best, was marrying Meredith Grey.

Oliver held a velvet box in hand as he walked closer to Meredith, the two were on a date and Oliver thought it was the right time to propose.

Both Oliver and Meredith had been dating off and on since their first week as interns. It was a shit show, their relationship — but the only difference between them and where they are now is they had been dating steady for almost five, six months. It might not seem like a lot, but to them it was everything.

Oliver smiled up at Meredith who'd don't know what was going to happen. Oliver slid from his chair and moved to the side of the table where he got down on one knee.

People around them started to stare.

"Meredith Grey. Wow, I didn't know where to start." Oliver watched from his place as Meredith held a hand to her mouth in shock. "I love you, but we both know that." Meredith and a few others around laughed at that.

"When I first met you, I thought you were the most beautiful person I had ever seen. And then you out drank me. You were the girl in the bar, and I was the dashingly handsome guy in the bag with the sunglasses."

"I still hate those sunglasses." Meredith let out a chuckle.

"And look at where we are now. We've grown so much, and we'll continue to grow. But I want to grow with you, I want you by my side through it all." Oliver opened the velvet box. "Meredith Grey, will you marry me?"

Meredith couldn't help but laugh. There wasn't a ring inside the velvet box, nope, there was a pair of sunglasses almost identical to the ones Olly wore when they met.

"Yes. Yes, I will." Meredith nodded her head with red cheeks. People around them cheered happily.

Meredith and Oliver stood up, both embracing each other in a hug. When they pulled away Oliver grinned and grabbed the sunglasses and placed them on Meredith's face.

"Don't worry, the actual ring is in my pocket." Olly whispered with a smirk.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Izzie Stevens was now a surgical patient. The blond was undergoing radiation and chemo, surgery and intense care because of cancer.

To keep her mind off of everything, Meredith and Olly had told her she could help with the wedding planning. Oh at least it wasn't Atlas's wedding she was planning.

Maybe that's why both Meredith and Olly were now standing in Izzies room where ideas were being thrown around. Meredith wanted a wedding where she wore scrubs and had a Bouquet of surgical tools, she wasn't a church kind of wedding gal either.

Olly really didn't care much, as long as Meredith was happy. Yes he would throw some of his own ideas into the mix, but he would be okay with anything if he knew it was okay with Meredith. And he also knew he wouldn't be able to have bouncy castles and musical chairs at his own wedding... okay, he might be able to get musical chairs.

Izzie on the other hand had big big plans for them, some which included Olly wearing a top hat, and Meredith in a big white dress.

"If I show you the dress, you can never tell anyone, cause it's bad. Really, really bad." Meredith yelled out from inside the bathroom where she currently was changing into dresses. Oliver was standing off to the side in the tux and top hat. Neither really cared if they saw each other.

"Okay, fine. It will be out little secret." Izzie told Meredith.

The lock on the bathroom clicked and the door started to open.

Meredith shuffled out of the bathroom in a big white dress. Oliver thought she looked beautiful in it, but hey, he thought she looked beautiful in anything.

Oliver grinned and bounced on his feet. "My pretty pretty princess!"

Meredith turned to look at Oliver with wide eyes, when she spotted the top hat on he started to laugh. "Oh my."

"Nice dress Mer," Atlas waved walking into Izzies room. Atlas then turned to his little brother. "Nice hat."

"Go away, meanie." Olly pouted.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"Hi." Atlas stepped closer to the man Callie and Mark had directed him to. They figured he would be to talk some sense into Callie's father. "I work with you daughter, Callie."

"It's nice to meet you." Callie's father held out his hand for a handshake, which Oliver returned.

"You know, I'm a cardio surgeon. It means I don't really work with Callie or others as much. But I have worked with Callie on a few cases, and I can say it now — she's a wonderful, gifted woman." Atlas exhaled as he continued to look forward, just like Callie's father.

"They sent me over here to talk to you. Get you to let Callie stay and see the brighter side." Atlas looked to his side briefly. "I could tell you what you want to hear, sir, or I can tell you what I know — and what I know is that your daughter is happy with Arizona, she's more happy than she was with some else."

"Sir, I'm gay. Yeah, ha. Uh, when I came out to my parents. Their were happy I felt like I could tell them, that I didn't want to keep it from them. All Callie wants if for you to accept her, and love her the same."