oliv. cement boy

oliv. cement boy
4.16

"Christina is sad. Real sad, not fake sad and she needs to be on your service." Meredith spoke to Atlas over the phone. Christina was currently cuddled up - to far into the wilderness in Meredith's bed, and the last resort (not thinking that Eliza or Meredith could give the Korean woman the sparkle pager) was to call up Atlas.

"She's sad?" Atlas asked as Derek tightened his grip around Atlas's waist.

Meredith nodded from her side of the phone call, "Yeah. Like real sad."

"She's real sad? Why? What's wrong?" Atlas asked in a panic as got out of bed and scrambled to find some clothing that had been discarded on the floor from the night before.

"She's been off of cardio too long." Meredith told the attending as she glanced at her own person who's as buried under her blankets.

Atlas stumbled out of his room as she tried to walk, talk and out pants on. "This isn't my fault? Is it? Oh god, I'll fix her."

"She doesn't need to be fixed...?" Meredith trailed off.

"Give the phone to her, I know your with her." Atlas said as he moved around the living room to find his car keys.

"Hello?" Christina asked into the phone.

"C! Oh god. Your on cardio." Atlas grinned when he found his keys.

"Really? This isn't some kind of joke?" Christina hesitated.

"No. No joke. I'll drive to Meredith's, we'll get coffee and then I have a surgery schedule already. Oh! And your in my service, it's been too long." Atlas told the woman as he connected his phone to his car so he wasn't distracted and driving.

"Really? Seriously?" Christina asked and moved out of the covers of Meredith's bed — Meredith watched with a fond smile.

"Seriously. I'll be there in ten?" Atlas pulled out of the parking lot of his and Derek's house.

"I'll be ready." Christina nodded and hung up the phone.

No more than eight minutes and forty five seconds, Atlas pulled right up in front of the frat house where Christina came rushing out of the front door and to the passenger side of Atlas's car.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Once Atlas and Christina scrubbed out of surgery — the second they left the scrub room — their pagers had gone off with a 9-1-1 for the ER. Both the resident and attending took of in a quick jog with no questions, not even a glance at each other.

They both rounded the corner after moving all the way from the OR floor to the ER where Mark, Bailey and a few others were waiting.

"What happened?" Atlas asked as he placed his hands on his knees and took a few deep breaths — he really needed to do a work out/cardio session.

"A real big trauma." Callie Torres, an ortho resident that Atlas had only worked with on an handful of occasions (atlas actually really liked her and enjoyed her company on cases) said.

Atlas nodded, "Ah, yeah. That helped, thanks." He muttered sarcastically as the ambulance bay doors opened as paramedics and firefighters wheeled in a boy surrounded by concrete.

"Oh that's a big trauma." Christina muttered as Atlas moved forward to direct where the firefighters and paramedics could take the teenager.

Everyone was gathered around the patient as they scrambled to find a way to start and help him. Atlas on the other hand was taking a different approach so he a) wasn't in the way just yet and b) getting information that might just be helpful.

"What's your name?" Atlas asked calmly and kindly.

The patient moved his head slightly too look at Atlas, "A-Andrew. But e-everyone calls me A-Andy." The patient stuttered out scared.

"Oh woah, that's a nice name. I'm Atlas — but my mom was going to name me Andy because she thought it would suit my dad who was a sheriff in a small town, she thought it was very oldly of her." Atlas rambled in hopes that it would calm the patient on some level, give the patient something else to focus on.

"I think m-my mom n-named me Andy because she liked that name." The patient, Andy, spoke.

"Yeah? Well Andy is a great name. Andy, can you tell me how old you are?" Atlas asked as some of the other doctors moved small pieces of cement off the boy.

"19. I'm 19." Andy had a faint smile on his lips.

"Oh so your a man?" Bailey butted in and smiled at the patient — she sent Atlas a look for him to start working on the patient well she helped kept him calm.

Atlas got to work on helping Mark out vinegar through the holes so the patient wouldn't having such severe burns when all the cement came off.

"I'm a loser. I'm a loser. I'm a loser. I'm a loser." Andy cried out, the panic the boy had caused his heart beat to rise.

"Come on." Bailey sighed. "Uh, Andrew?"

"I'm a loser." Andy cried out once more.

"Andrew. Hey, hey, l-listen to me." Bailey started, "Han solo is not a loser."

Atlas sent Bailey a thumbs up — he may or may not have had a movie night with the woman once and they both had watched Star Wars. "Han solo got encased in carbonite, and - and that was a big mess, but that's not what he's remembered for. He's remembered as the guy who made the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs, and who braved the subzero temperatures of the ice planet hoth in order to save someone he cared about from the big, ugly wampa."

The beeping on the monitor started to go back to regular.

"He is remembered as the guy who swooped down at the last minute, blasted darth vader out of the sky so that luke could use the force and - and destroy the damn "death star" okay?" Bailey did some hand movements to go with what she was saying. "Princess leia saved him from the carbonite. And they fell in love and they saved the universe and had twin jedi babies that went on to save the universe again." Bailey nodded, "Right? Now that's the whole picture."

Atlas pipped up, "The carbonite, it was just a piece, okay?"

"Yeah." Andy chuckled and smiled, the panic had washed away.

Everyone but Atlas looked to Bailey with wide eyes and furrowed eyebrows, "What? So I like science fiction. Somebody got a problem with that?" The woman snapped lightly.

"No. No. It's great."

"No, not at all. Cool."

Atlas and the team had worked together, they had saved the young man from the cement that had encased his boy.

════════ ☆
50k! holy moly!