xxxv. moving day

xxxv. moving day
3.11

"Your boxes are heavy!" Oliver whined.

Atlas had gotten the house! And he was so excited, he was moving practically all his stuff into the house. Everyone was helping too: Oliver, Eliza and the interns, Bailey was there shouting at everyone when they wouldn't place things in the right spot, Callie a resident was doing the same as Bailey and Derek was moving in some of his own stuff.

They weren't dating yet, but they had gone out on a few dates and it was discussed that Derek could bring some of his own personal items into Atlas and his closet, and bathroom, and bedroom. Pretty much into Atlas and his home — just Atlas was paying for it. And Derek didn't need to pay rent.

Atlas's mother, Lilla was out buying as many plants as she could fit on her car. (Which was a lot.) She wanted to do it for her son, she knew he didn't want furniture or plates, but plants, and as many as he could stuff into his newly boughten home.

"Your just weak!" Atlas shot back, and his brother pouted.

Derek moved over and placed a quick kiss on Atlas cheek. Atlas blushed and grinned widely. Atlas went to return the kiss but Bailey wasn't having it. "Hey! You two! Get over her and help, now."

Atlas and Derek both listened to Bailey, not wanting to get into trouble.

Atlas looked down at the box by his feet, it was the one Oliver had been complaining about. Taking a deep breath, Atlas crouched down and took the box into his arms. His body rocked and before he knew it he landed right on his ass and let out cuss word after cuss word.

Oliver was hunched over holding his stomach, snickering loudly at the fact that he had complained it was heavy, but his older brother just told him he was weak. How the tables turned.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

When Atlas first ever imagined buying a home, he thought that he would have some kind of fancy dinner to celebrate. But he was very, very wrong.

Everyone who had helped the adult move boxes and set some things up were scattered around the living room, some sitting on the floor, laying on others, and even stuffed into the couch. Everyone had takeout boxes in hand. Atlas definitely didn't think that he and his guests would be eating takeout Chinese. No one minded — they had all voted for Chinese.

"Hey." Oliver nudged his older brother with his leg.

Atlas hummed, "yeah?"

The two twins pulled their brother off the couch and around the corner, Lilla following behind. Once the Lee-Sunny four were in the kitchen, the twins pulled out gifts. In Oliver's hand was a decent sized box, that was wrapped in baby blue wrapping paper.

Atlas couldn't even blink before the gift was thrust into his hands. Inside was a photo book Oliver had gotten made. There were pictures of the twins and Atlas, Atlas and Lilla, Lilla and her kids, Brian and the kids, and some pictures of everyone together. The sight of all the pictures brought tears to Atlas's eyes that he furiously tried to blink away.

Eliza's gift was next. Pretty dark purple wrapping paper covered a large box that she struggled to hold. Atlas carefully took the box out of his sisters hands and opened it, not before sending her a thankful smile. Once the box was open, Atlas slowly peeked inside to see a bright red broom and some other cleaning materials that he would definitely need.

Atlas brought his siblings in for a hug.

Lilla waited until Atlas released his siblings before she moved closer to her son. She pulled him in for a tight hug and once she pulled back she placed a small velvet box into her eldest sons hands.

Atlas let all his tears fall when he opened the velvet box. Inside was his fathers watch. Carefully, Atlas placed the watch on the counter before bringing his family into his open arms for a group hug. "Thank you." He whispered.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Derek is staring at a sleeping Atlas, who's snoring. Derek has love in his eyes as he watched Atlas. The rising of his chest is steady and the light and calm snores exiting his lips let's Derek know that Atlas is alive — because Derek worries about that kind of stuff.

The snoring annoys Derek, but he's not ever gonna say anything, yet at least.

Atlas blinks away the sleepiness and looks to Derek. Derek smiles lovingly, "morning."

Atlas had a teasing look on his face, "Were you watching me sleep?"

"Maybe."

"What are you, some kind of weirdo who watches people sleep?"

"Maybe." Derek gives Atlas a goofy smile.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"And here's your food. Enjoy!" The waiter chirped happily as she placed the plates of food down at Atlas and Dereks table.

The two dug into their meals. Atlas had an steak and Derek had a lobster. Every few minutes, or whenever there was a pause in conversation Atlas would distract Derek and take some of his fries or a cut up piece of lobster — Derek pretended not to notice.

Dinner was over and a waitress had brought out cake and pie for the two, which Atlas proceeded to take small bites from Dereks pie — even after saying he didn't want any.

Derek paused, he watched Atlas take a rather large bite of chocolate cake. Atlas looked up to see Derek looking, practically looking into his soul, with his very pretty light orbs.

Derek took a deep breath to calm his nerves. "I - I."

Atlas just the other man off by placing his hand on top of Dereks. "Hey, whatever's up you can tell me." The man softly told him.

"I'm bisexual... I like girls and guys. I like you." Derek breathed out.

Atlas let out the breath he was holding. He didn't really know what to say: would congratulations work? Or how about, yay! I'm proud. He wasn't sure — when he came out to his family they threw him a party.

"I like you too." Is what Atlas decided to tell the man across from him.

"Would you like a party? My parents threw me a party." Atlas and Derek laughed.

Derek had his mouth open to say something but the waiter interrupted, "and how will you pay tonight?"

The two — were they boyfriend and boyfriend yet? — sent a heated glare towards the woman for interrupting.