lxx. orange scrubs

lxx. orange scrubs
6.05

Atlas had always liked the colour orange. It was warm but not to bright, and it reminded him of a sunset and sunrise. But today he did not like the colour orange, not at all.

"People will start to think your weird." Christina spoke suddenly.

"Your standing here too." Atlas deadpanned with a grin.

He and Christina had been standing outside of the hospital, watching as people fixed the signs — they weren't fixing them, they were replacing them. They had also been watching people with orange scrubs enter the hospital too.

Christina groaned as she pulled her coffee cup away from her lips. "Their invaders."

Atlas nodded, "They're here to take our jobs and run our home." He pouted.

Christina shook her head back and forth, "Nope, your a cardio surgeon, you are one of the best. There's only one Atlas. And not to mention you and Derek being engaged. You're not going anywhere."

Atlas sighed before he wrapped his arm gently around Christina's shoulder. "You'll be fine, wanna know why?"

"Why?" She questioned hesitantly.

"Because everyone can see that you'll be the next me. Your my cardio protégée!" Atlas grinned before he took a sip of his own coffee.

Everyone who ever worked at Seattle Grace, could see that Atlas enjoyed teaching. They all knew that he was a good teacher, and that he would make sure everyone took away some kind of medical lesson at the end of the day. They all also saw how well Christina worked with Atlas — well everyone worked well with Atlas — but Christina had a knack for cardio.

"If I get cut, you'll just find another one." Christina shrugged. "Probably one of the invaders."

Atlas hummed, "Hm. Sucks, you and Rosemarys baby's will always be my favourite."

Christina didn't reply to his words, she only stood beside the attending as they watched peoples lives move forward. Some were starting jobs, some were patients leaving the hospital, some were soon-to-be patients.

Someone wearing orange scrubs ran by, burning into Atlas and Christina. Both the attending and residents coffees splashed and spilt, resulting in a heated glare towards the man wearing orange scrubs that jogged into the hospital.

Like me, the writer said, Atlas really didn't like orange today.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Eliza had taken a week off, with Richard promising that her position as a resident would stay her own. Eliza was going down to Los Angeles to visit the one and only Addison Montgomery about finding a mentor for neonatal surgery, something Eliza had gathered a liking too in the past few months.