oix. syphilis, secret surgery's and suprises.

oix. syphilis, secret surgery's,
and surprises
1.09

Atlas had a feeling. The cardio surgeon got them often. Sometimes it was feeling that he got when he knew it would be a good day. Or the feeling he got when him and Derek became a couple, or boyfriend and boyfriend. But this feeling was different. It made his stomach roll and his mind drift to anything that could happen. It was a feeling that practically screamed run away! and bad! Bad! over and over again. And oh how it was starting to drive him crazy.

Atlas thought the yelling from the two interns was just his imagination.

"Hey, what did you get, something good? Syphilis? That's not surgical. Who has syphilis?" Izzie grabs George's results that he held in his hand.

Atlas just watches as George pulls into the nurse's station. Atlas rounds the corner once more, shaking everything off as his bad feeling.

"You have syphilis?!" Izzie shouts, causing Atlas who had been walking by to stop and turn.

"Shh!" George yells, catching the cardio attendings eye.

Maybe it wasn't his imagination after all.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

As much as Atlas liked Derek, the neurosurgeon could be a little extra sometimes. Like for example, Derek had decided to drag his boyfriend along with him to confront the chief.

Derek had told his boyfriend all about what he saw when Richard Webber was operating.

Derek knocks, enters and closes the door office door, Atlas right beside him.

"You dropped a retractor." Derek points out as he stands in-front of the chiefs desk.

Atlas was a little confused at first, he had dropped many retractors in his life. Maybe too many. But Derek explained that he believed something was wrong. Atlas didn't pry anymore and let himself be dragged along.

Richard looks between both surgeons, "Fine. A few weeks ago, I was operating, and the vision in my right eye became blurry. After a few hours, it was fine. It's come back again."

"Did you have it checked out?" Atlas asks softly, not wanting to pry but to know if the doctor had gotten it checked out.

"The examination was normal. My ophthalmologist tells me I'm just getting older. But you know what a decline in my visual acuity can mean." Richard addresses, all three sharing a look.

"I'll set up some tests." Derek says, not leaving much room for an argument.

"Shep, I know how the rumor mill runs around here. Let's just keep this to ourselves." Once again, Richard is more talking to Derek than Atlas.

"Absolutely. Yeah." Derek agrees who looks over to his boyfriend.

"Agreed, I'll keep my lips shut." Atlas says before he makes a lock and key motion above his lips.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Atlas is standing in a room full of doctors and interns with Patricia seated near the chief.