xlv. mixmaster

xlv. mixmaster
4.02

Atlas and Derek were at good place in their relationship; they would spend the night at each other places, one night a week they would cook each other dinner — no matter how late it was, they were happy made time for each other.

Derek wanted kids. The topic hadn't come up yet, Derek felt as if he should move in first, then maybe propose having kids.

Atlas wanted a mini him. He didn't care if he adopted, found a woman who would be willing to carry the baby, he really didn't care. But his baby fever was so high that he forced Derek to come with him so they could stand outside the nicu windows, and talk about the children they imagined.

"What do you think of the board?" Richard asked, snapping Atlas out of his train of thoughts.

"Good. It looks good." Derek nodded with an encouraging smile.

"Oh, I didn't do it. I'm delegating. I am being a delegator. I'm doing it all different, making time for my wife." The man in power babbled on.

Derek cocked an eyebrow, "Oh, yeah? She talking to you yet?"

Richard sighed, "She will when she sees I'm a delegator. I-I should move that surgery up there."

"Junkie." Atlas faked a cough.

"Yeah. Right, right. It's good. It's fine. Okay. I'm delegating. See? Being a delegator." Richard walks away.

Mark walks up to the couple, "What's wrong with the chief?"

"He's a junkie."

"Him? You're the one who looks all strung out." Mark questioned.

"I'm just tired." Derek muttered.

"Let me guess. You and Atly were up all night doing the horizontal salsa."

"Mambo." Atlas corrected with a sigh. "Horizontal mambo. And that's not what we were doing." Atlas placed a kiss on Dereks cheek before rushing off to find Christina, having heard that she was giving away wedding gifts for surgery's and good cases.

"You wanna confirm that you two weren't doing the horizontal mambo?" Mark focussed on Derek.

"Atlas gets these nightmares now. He seems to dream through the bombing, then the shooting, his fathers death, the ferryboat accident and dying." Derek let out a sigh. "Some nights it's different, some it's all. And he wakes up with a scream, or a pain in his chest."

"What's be doing to deal with it?" Mark asked in concern.

"He claims cuddles help, the feeling of someone else beside him." Derek muttered and walked away, leaving Mark to thing of a way he could help.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"C! I want that mixmaster!" Atlas walked up to Christina with a skip in his step.

"For a surgery!" Christina countered.

"Deal!"

"Take it."

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Derek walked into the on-call room he knew Atlas was in — it was his favourite.  He moved to lay beside the tired attending, having already been in surgery before half his day was done. "Hey, love."