oov. party

oov. party
1.05

It had been around two weeks since Derek and Atlas had the little adventure in the elevator. Since then the two have had a few more dates (one consisting of them just hanging out on a ferry boat) and then a few more sleepovers.

Atlas couldn't be anymore happy with how everything was going. He had Derek—who he was planning on asking him to be his boyfriend—but for now, he's just Derek, maybe even his Derek. His little siblings were doing good, and so were his parents.

Maybe moving to Seattle was the best thing to happen.

Atlas was happy, beyond happy even. Oliver had Meredith, yes they had a few bumps in the road, but they were going strong—they weren't dating, much to the Lee-Sunny family's displeasure. And Eliza, she had been going steady by herself, focusing on her work and friends/family.

The Lee-Sunny children couldn't have asked for anything better.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"We call this a spaghetti procedure. We cut and deflate the bullae to facilitate gentle manipulation of Mrs. Drake's lung." Doctor. Bailey says to the interns as Atlas does the procedure using the scopes.

"Doctor. Bailey, do you see that?" Atlas points out.

"Lee? Oh my ever-lovin..." she trails off seeing a mass of something black and gross. Very gross.

"Oh my god. We need to open her up. I'm taking out the scope." Atlas tells the room, the nurses around him all help so they can flip the surgery around.

"You heard him, people. Let's move." Bailey commands, sending anyone who was just standing there straight to work.

"Lights. Let's get set up. 10 blade. Get the scalpel ready. Towel. Let's also page Doctor. Webber."

"Right away Doctor."

"Rib spreader."

"Suction."

Just as they start pulling something black out of the patient, Mrs. Drake, the door opens to reveal the chief. "What's going on?" He asks, putting on a mask so he can enter the OR.

"Take a look." Atlas tells the chief, holding up the foreign object with his clamps.

"Is that a towel?" George deadpans, not 100% sure if the towel was in the patient or if Atlas is a really good magician.

Truth: Atlas is a terrible magician.

"Get a pan." Bailey orders allowing Atlas to place the towel in the pan.

"Where did that come from?" George asks, his eyes glued to the pan a few feet away from him.

"Best guess, her surgery five years ago." Doctor. Webber admits, recalling the patient having been here before.

Bailey scoffs, unhappy with the whole situation. "Something careless this way comes."

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Atlas sits peacefully at one of the nurses stations, his hands reading some medical article he had found. It was being used to occupy his thoughts—which had been floating to Derek throughout the day.