lxvii. walking her down the isle

lxvi. walking her down the isle
5.22 + 5.23

Atlas felt proud. His younger brother had given up his wedding so Izzie could have a wedding with Alex.

"Atlas?" Alex asked as he moved towards Atlas who was dressed in a tux.

"Yeah? You okay? Oh gosh, I don't need to drive the getaway car right?" Atlas questioned rapidly.

Alex shook his head, "No, uh, Izzie won't ask you this. But I think maybe you should offer to walk her down the isle. I don't want her to fall either and —"

"I'd love too." Atlas said, cutting off Alex's rambling.

Atlas didn't know Izzie as well as he knew some of the other interns, but that wouldn't change the fact that he cared about her. When she was having her first surgery, Atlas and Bailey were the only two who had visited her then.

He cared, and if walking her down the isle was both something Alex and Izzie might want, then he was happy to do it.

"Really? Thank you!" Alex cheered lightly and left Atlas to walk towards the the back where Izzie and everyone else was.

Atlas took a deep breath before he walked into the room where Izzie, Christina and Meredith where in.

"Atlas? What are you doing here?" Izzie asked looking away from Christina and to Atlas.

"I'm here to walk you down the isle, if you would like of course." Atlas grinned.

Izzie smiled, it looked like she was about to cry. "Really? Thank you so much." Christina helped Izzie from her chair so she could hug Atlas.

A few minutes later, everyone was where they needed to be. Alex was at the front of the church with the bridesmaids and groomsmen.

"You ready?" Atlas asked once more as Izzie looped her arm with his. "Because I can drive the get away car."

"No, no. I'm ready. I got this." Izzie nodded and shuffled on her feet.

"Okay, let's do this." Atlas smiled and opened the door, Izzie standing beside him.

Music stared to play and the guests started to stand up.

Izzie held her flowers and she and Atlas walked down the isle slowly. Izzie stumbled but Atlas wrapped his arm around her and she leaned on him. Atlas walked Izzie up to where Alex was standing. He handed Izzie off to Alex with a fond smile.