𝐕

𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐒

❝𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉.❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lilith felt so miserable.

It has been only half an hour since she entered the marquee where the party for her wedding was supposed to take place and she was already too fed up with such an amount of hypocrites in one single place.

Her brand-new husband had separated from her as soon as every single one of the bastards who had forced them to get married had congratulated them for their wedding, and now he was in the other corner of the marquee, talking to his twin and drinking a champagne glass with certain untrust.

Lilith huffed while looking at him and resting her chin on her hand. She knew they weren't going to be friends, but she had hoped that considering none of them had wanted this, at least, they could be somehow allies to make each other's life easier and support the other one in this sort of irritating situation.

But, of course, Fred Weasley would never be mature enough for that.

She should have guessed it - she knew she wasn't a Death Eater and that meant she had, at least, something in common with him, but he didn't, so it was impossible for him to trust her in any way. Although she had wished, he had given her the benefit of the doubt instead of straightforward condemning her.

Lilith was alone in this marriage, and she had to get used to it.

"Having a nice night, mudblood?" someone spoke behind her, making her turn around. She scowled as soon as her eyes met Avery's, one of Voldemort's biggest supporters and someone who was incredibly obsessed with her. He had been one of those bastards that had touched her looking for the Light Mark.

"Last time I checked, I was a half-blood, Avery, should get your facts better," she simply said, already bored of the situation.

"Your blood is still polluted, whether the Dark Lord tried to fix it by marrying you to that traitor or not. You are still a mudblood vixen whose only use is to be fucked," he whispered, coming closer to her and attempting to touch her. But Lilith's glare was too powerful and dry, looking like pure venom, so he stepped back, trying to keep himself together. He snorted. "What a pity you are married to Weasley. I did ask the Dark Lord to have you, only so I could give good use to this whore face, but he wanted you to be with that attempt of a man. What a waste."

I will kill you so fucking slowly one of these days, you son of a bitch, she thought keeping a straight face, You will regret for all the eternity to have put your eyes in me.

"Avery, I really fucking hope you are not disturbing my goddaughter," Eileen Prince appeared in their visual field, with her arm interlaced with Theo Nott's as he helped her to walk. Lilith smiled and Avery felt repulsion only looking at the woman. She was a traitor, but her children were important members of the society, and she was a pureblood so the Dark Lord, for some reason, had decided to expiate all her sins, therefore, Avery couldn't touch her.

"Yes, Avery, you shouldn't be ruining Lilith's big day by having to see your disgusting face near her," Theo added, making Eileen snort.

Lilith loved the curious and unusual friendship that had grown between Theo and her grandmother, and luckily for her, their obnoxious comments had been enough to make Avery leave, huffing.

Theo approached her and sat by her side, coming closer to her so she could whisper in her ear;

"Having a good time?" he ironised.