𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐘

❝   𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆. ❞ — 𝑯𝒐𝒛𝒊𝒆𝒓

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Fred sniffed for the second time at being in front of his mother. Molly looked slightly healthier than the last time he had seen her, but she still struggled a lot to keep herself together or to keep her mind being strong enough to fully recover her memory. He had come to see her after spending some time with his twin in their new store, checking everything in it and making sure it could be a safe spot for them. At least the safest they could get during the times running.

She was sat in front of him, sneaking her lanky arms through the cells to caress Fred's ginger hair as some tears shined back in her watery eyes. As if she was trying to hold them back. It broke his heart.

He had never been too bonded to his mother, in fact, he had always been more of a daddy's boy since Arthur had always given him and George all the love Molly was too busy giving Ginny, Percy and Harry — but Molly was his mother after all. And he loved her with all of him.

"My boy—" she spoke, with a croaky, brittle voice. "It's been so long since I saw you...You have changed a lot since the w-...since the w-war," that word was incredibly difficult for her to pronounce, it seemed as if it was trapped in her throat because of all the devastating and tragic memories that it brought. "You changed...after that wall..."

Fred observed perplexed how the mention of the wall that almost killed him more than a year ago clouded Molly's mind and her own sight, making her breathe faster and have her eyes lost, looking at some point behind him. She gulped and crawled back to that space in the cell where she used to withdraw in herself, hugging her knees. That precious space of her where no one could hurt her as long as the cell remained locked.

"No, no, no, no..." Molly whispered, lulling herself.

Fred sighed and looked at the clock hanging in the middle of the corridor.

Five minutes.

His mother's conscience and memories had been back for five minutes. Two more than the last time he had come to see her. Four minutes and fifty seconds more than the first time he had given her the potion.

It was working. Lilith's potion. Incredibly slowly but it was working. He definitely owed the Aramebella girl a good one.

In the other part of the city, inside the lonely Arambella manor, Lilith was having a warm Earl Grey sat on the countertop of her kitchen, while her eyes looked slightly lost.

Her own words were repeating in her mind.

I think I'm starting to have feelings for Fred.

"Do you wanna talk about it, dear?" Remus had asked her.

"N-no, I don't think I'm ready," she had answered a minute later, trying to process the fact that she had put those thoughts into words in front of Remus.

Yeah, she definitely wasn't ready. Because she didn't know how to explain it or what to say. 

Love was, once again, a too strong word to even consider it. She barely knew Fred truly and deeply to fall in love with him. He had things she disliked, and things she adored, but the truth was she had only scratched the surface of who Fred truly was.

And it actually scared her, because if she was able to overlook every single thing she didn't like about him just because of the details she adored of him...what would she be able to do if she falls in love with everything left on him that she still had to know?