𝐗𝐗

𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐌𝐘'𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐑

❝  𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒂𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒂 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒖𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒌 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒆 ❞ —  𝑻𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒐𝒓 𝑺𝒘𝒊𝒇𝒕

TW: Dark themes related to sexual assault.
Remember, your well-being is more important than anything <3

━━━━━━━━━━━━

When Lilith woke up that night all of a sudden, she was surprised at finding herself covered because she couldn't remember grabbing the blanket by herself, and she was even more surprised when she saw the bowl of soup in front of her. Going straight to the conclusion that sounded the most logical one in her mind, she assumed it had been the elves, always taking care of her.

Especially when, after microwaving the soup to get it warm again, she noticed it was her favourite recipe. 

After having that midnight snack and finishing her work for another hour, she finally went to her dorm, trying to sleep and not think about certain ginger that seemed to be keenly tattooed in her mind since the night where they both put aside their differences and let their desire flow.

Lilith woke up the next day with big dark circles under her eyes and was almost as exhausted as she when she went to sleep. Going downstairs already ready to leave for work, she wished Fred was awake to ask him if he would like to have dinner together today since they hadn't been able to do it yesterday because she fell asleep — but at the same time, she was scared. Scared of what his reaction could be. Scared of his kindness only being a moment of weakness. Lilith was used to having people using her emotions and her vulnerability at their will without caring about what repercussion it could have on her, her mother had been the first one to do it, so her ability to trust was way deep and locked inside of her. Lilith hated to admit it, but she was the kind of person to attach herself to people a bit too fast, so she had had to learn to hide her dependency tendencies in order not to keep getting hurt.

Once at work, Liv was the first one to notice the tiredness in her best friend's face. Because of the Lovegoods' blood status, Liv was slightly better treated than Lilith, but that didn't stop Umbridge from giving her extra work as well, luckily for Liv, she had had more time to finish it. Seeing the exhaustion in the Arambella girl's face, Olivia promised her she would go visit her the next day accompanied by their friends, including Pauline who both wanted to include in their friend group. Lilith accepted it with a little smile that reminded Liv too much of the smiles Lilith forced herself to give the days after one of her terrible nightmares provoked by the memories of a traumatic childhood and teenage.

Lilith was working in her office after her little break to have lunch when someone opened her door with a hard bang, slightly startling her. She lifted her eyes curiously and the feeling of hate and disgust immediately got installed in her guts when she recognised Avery walking straight to her and leaving a newspaper in front of her, staring at her with despise.

"It was you, you bitch, wasn't it?" the man spoke through clenched teeth, pointing to the front face of the newspaper.

Lilith forced herself to take her eyes charged with hate and disdain from the man's blue ones and read the front news. Her blood went slightly cold but a little smirk threatened to leave her lips although she managed to keep it discreet.

THEODORE NOTT SR FOUND DEAD THIS MORNING IN THE BREEDER AT NOTT MANNOR

article by Rita Skeeter