𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐕

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓

❝ 𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒆𝒙𝒂𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒆.❞ — 𝑹𝒐𝒙𝒂𝒏𝒆 𝑮𝒂𝒚

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Olivia Lovegood had been born into what the rest of the people considered an odd family. First-born daughter of the most eccentric legacy in the British Wizarding World, she had known for the very first moment that her family was quite special and that, inside of that speciality, Olivia had no place. 

Although she had been raised with all the love someone could get and had enjoyed a beautiful childhood, Liv thought there wasn't anything special, anything Lovegood enough in her. Her sister was just as creative and imaginative as their father and her mother had a mastermind for incredible spells and charms that everybody else could only dream of, aside from an intelligence out of the standard. But Liv had always thought she wasn't enough -- she didn't have that Lovegood extravagance, she hadn't been sorted in Ravenclaw and she didn't have that kind of special wit that all her family had. Sometimes, Olivia even felt like an intruder in her own family.

But with her mother, it was all different. Pandora Lovegood had noticed since the start that her daughter Olivia was special even inside of the Lovegood family. Pandora, who had given up her Malfoy blood being the daughter of Desdemonia and Balarius Malfoy first for being sorted in Ravenclaw and then for loving a Lovegood, had never looked back and she knew how it felt like to simply not fit in a place. So, she had always made sure that Liv could see a safe space in her. Pandora had been brave, smart, creative and a loving mother that Liv always used as a role model. 

However, everything in Liv's life turned upside down when Pandora Lovegood died during the Christmas of 1990 when Liv was 11 years old. Everyone said it had been an accident when one of her experiments went horribly wrong, some people said Luna was in front of her when that happened, some people said it was Xenophillus the one by her side, but not Luna nor her father could say a word about it nor even explain what happened exactly.

All Liv remembered was her mother's words during the previous days before her mysterious death; "I know what Peter did...Dumbledore knew what Peter did. He knew. He knew...He planned everything."

She never understood what that meant and her mother never answered any of her questions, all Liv could think during those days that felt miserable and eternal was that her biggest support had disappeared. She still had her father and her sister and she knew she could count on her new friend from school Lilith, but Olivia felt her will to live had disappeared and it took her a long while and everyone's, especially Lilith's, support heal herself and want to live again.

But Liv still despised Christmas.

She arrived at the Lovegood manor early that morning of Chrismast Eve's eve, the Rococó style of architecture with white walls and blue details welcomed her on the windy and snowy day. Olivia had left the day before to spend the day and night with her...special friend...Pauline Bélier and to leave George some personal space with his girlfriend Willow. George had thanked her for her selfless act but it hadn't been completely selfless. Knowing the anniversary of her mother's death was too close for her mental stability and that her manor was full of memories from her childhood, she decided to spend the day with the person that brought some peace and freedom to her life and, especially, the person who didn't know her back then when her mother died.