𝐗𝐕

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍

❝ 𝑵𝒐𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚'𝒔 𝒂𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒂𝒔 𝒘𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆.❞ —  𝑨𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝑾𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒆𝒓

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Fred and Lilith arrived back home trying to ignore each other and what had happened. They had kissed! Twice! And both were internally burning to repeat it.

Stopping in the house hall to take off their shoes before getting inside, Fred felt the pressure on his shoulders to break the heavy and cold silence.

"I hope this never repeats, Lilith," he stated, putting his shoes aside, and trying not to look at her. "It was a mistake."

Lilith snorted, putting a pair of cosy and warm socks to walk through the house. 

"Sure, it's not like your dick literally got hard thanks to me," she whispered, cynic.

And, of course, he had heard her.

"It was a human response, I don't actually like you. At all."

"Oh, really? Do I have to remind you you were the one who kissed me first?" she scoffed.

"It was a dare," he pointed out, now staring at her.

"Yes, and my reaction was a rematch," Lilith said with a little arrogant smile. Fred felt the need to shut her up by kissing her again. He didn't.

"Horrible rematch," he said instead.

Lilith chuckled this time, leaning against the wall behind her and holding Fred's stare as if she was trying to read his mind, making Fred feel vulnerable and exposed to her.

"Your eyes were begging me to fuck you, Weasley," she whispered, making a current cover Fred's spine at her soft voice. "We both are adults, it's okay to admit it."

Now, it was Fred's time to snort, as he approached her.

"Your eyes were begging me to fuck you, more like."

She arched one of her eyebrows without changing her amused expression.

"First of all, I don't beg," Lilith murmured, "and second of all, we know who had the biggest effect on who."

I'd make you beg, Fred thought.

"I hate you," he said instead, making her smirk and come a bit closer to him, not taking her eyes off his.

"We will have to do something about it, then," she whispered, watching how his eyes went down to her lips and how he took a deep breath. Oh, but she wouldn't make it that easy for him. "For the moment, tomorrow Pauline is coming for dinner, and my grandmother will be here as well, she wants to see the manor and I promised Pauline we would hang out sometimes. You already know what to do; we will pretend we are a happily married couple and you will behave like a good boy, clear?"

He clicked his tongue. He didn't want to pretend he was her husband. He didn't want to pretend it because it reminded him how badly he actually wanted to be it. 

"Clear."

"Great. Good night, then. I have things to do," she snapped, pushing him from her personal space so she could go upstairs as if nothing had happened.

𑁍       𑁍       𑁍

"So, how are things going up with Fred?" Remus asked leaning against the rocky subterranean wall. He had managed to let one of Iris' - Lilith's owl that he kept whenever he needed to communicate with her all of a sudden - feathers at one of the Arambella manor windows, and luckily, Lilith had found it and understood the message.