𝐗𝐗𝐕

𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐃

❝ 𝑾𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒈𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒕𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒆.❞  — 𝑯𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝑺𝒕𝒚𝒍𝒆𝒔.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lilith got to work the next day completely rested and relaxed now that Fred was starting to feel way better, everybody at the Ministry was talking about how wonderful the Halloween party hosted at the Slytherin manor had been but Lilith couldn't participate in the conversation since she had spent that night taking care of Fred instead of assisting the party — she didn't mention anything to him. Didn't consider it necessary, she didn't want him to think she cared that much about him to even skip a party because of taking care of him. After her encounter with him yesterday, she felt some sort of bond forming in between them and that scared her. It scared her so much that after finishing and moving away from his arms, she ran back to her dorm. She hadn't slept with a man since she had memory, she wasn't going to start doing it now with Weasley.

While she was in the middle of her morning break to have a coffee in peace along with Olivia, another girl from the Ministry, from the Department of Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures to be exact, approached the two of them. Lilith immediately recognised her; she was Khaleelah Zahir, a gorgeous girl of brown skin, brown eyes, beautiful sharp features and an incredibly good sense of fashion — and an ex-Quidditch player from the Holyhead Harpies, basically, Lilith's idol since before the war. She still was getting used to the fact that she was working in the same place as such a Quidditch star like Khaleelah.

"Morning, girls," Zahir was the first one to speak, slightly adjusting her grey hijab that matched perfectly with the elegant suit she was wearing. "Having a little break?"

"Yes," Liv huffed, "Trying to hide from Umbridge too, though, if she finds out we are having a break she will probably start fuming."

Khaleelah sighed, "Tell me about it, my boss barely leaves us a moment in peace. Can't wait to change all of this for the Quidditch field again."

"What?" Lilith blinked, surprised.

"Yeah, haven't you heard the news?" Khaleelah replied, "Apparently Vol- I mean, the Dark Lord, wants to reunite the Quidditch teams and set up the Quidditch League again. He probably just wants to make an impression on the French Minister and make it seem as if we aren't being exploited in our workplaces, but, being honest, as long as I can play again, I don't care."

Lilith was surprised, and she felt a little pinch of jealousy in her guts. Her dream had always been being a Quidditch player, especially a Harpie, but Khaleelah was a pureblood, someone like Lilith could never have such a privilege, she already knew she would continue archiving and revising data at the Ministry.

"He probably wants to impress the next Minister visiting him," Liv added, "I've heard he's organising a Ball for Mr Beliér since he will return to France this week. His daughter will stay for a little bit more."

Lilith smirked discreetly at those words. Pauline was truly someone she wanted to keep knowing better and someone she wanted close to her and even closer to her best friend.

"Anyone knows who will be the next one visiting us?" Khaleelah asked, getting a coffee from the machine next to the girls.

"I've heard it will be the Russian one," Lilith replied, "They have lots of meetings planned for this year."