𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐒

❝ 𝑰'𝒎 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒓𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒕.❞  — 𝑯𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝑺𝒕𝒚𝒍𝒆𝒔.

double update! check the previous chapter before reading this one <3

━━━━━━━━━━━━

George blinked, surprised at his twin's words. After asking Fred why he looked so unfocused, his twin had spent the last fifteen minutes ranting about how fucking stupid he was and the foolishness he had done with his wife.

"You definitely are a dickhead, mate," George agreed after Fred concluded. "What was going in your mind to do so?"

Fred huffed, rubbing his face with his hands once again as his mind felt like spinning because of how fast his thoughts were roaming through it.

"I know. I know," he murmured, "It's just that — I can't help but be so defensive when it comes to her."

"Still doesn't excuse it, though," George pointed out. "Liv has told me many things about Lilith without disrespecting her privacy and, with the little information I have, I can assure you she is not as bad as we thought her to be. You have to be blind not to see it and bloody hell, Fred, you've always been the most observant one of the two of us."

"I fucking know, George! I really fucking know," Fred sighed, playing with the pen in his hand. "I regretted everything shortly after it happened."

"That has always been your problem! You regret the damage after you have done it. And she doesn't deserve it — if she is being treated as Liv and Nott are, she definitely doesn't deserve it," George sat on the chair in front of Fred's desk, observing his twin. "You like her, don't you?"

"You already know the answer," Fred sat back, avoiding his twin's stare. If there was someone who could read through Fred's thoughts, that was George.

"No, but I mean, you truly like her," George guessed.

"She fucked me, George. Twice," Fred snapped but his twin shook his head.

"Don't play dumb with me. You like further than that. Are you falling in love with your dearest enemy, Freddie?" George teased him.

"Bloody hell, no! Of course no," Fred replied back, "I might — think she is pretty, I might enjoy somehow her company and, Merlin's sake, she fucks like a bloody goddess. But, love, George? That's too much. Love is what you and Willow have, not this."

"What I feel for my Willow definitely is love," George nodded, slowly as a smile formed on his lips, "But I think you are just a step away from loving her, mate — in your own obsessive and wicked way that you have to make healthier. But you are so fucking near to love her I highly doubt you aren't doing it by now."

Fred pretended to snort, even though George's words weren't something he hadn't already thought about.

In the other room, Lilith and Liv were spending the night talking with the music in the background and laughing together. If there was someone who could bring happiness to Lilith, that was Liv, and if there was someone who could bring happiness to Liv, that was Lilith. Their friendship was each other's most precious treasure and, for Lilith, it worked tonight to give her rest from the nightmare her life was being. 

Liv didn't mention her conversation with Fred at all — she knew Lilith would tell her off for it and probably stress about it. That was the last thing both needed. Instead, she let her best friend enjoy the night to then sleep together in the same bed, cuddling, as they used to do back at Hogwarts and in their own flat when they used to live together shortly before the war.